What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PPL training recommendations in Rosamond/EDW/Lancaster CA?

rampilot

My son called last night looking for instructor recommendations in the Rosamond/Lancaster/Edwards AFB area. Afraid I can't be much help living in the mid-west. Maybe someone local can?

Back in high school he soloed in both gliders and a 172 but college and the Air Force gobbled up all his time and he had to take a break. Now he's settled in at Edwards as an engineer and wants to get his PPL to help his chances for a pilot slot consideration. Any recommendations (on or off base) for a good instructor?

Thanks!
ram

And his second call should be to Rosie. If we're going to get him flying, we might as well spoil him right off the bat... :D

Or, maybe the first call.

Rosie is one of the top ambassadors of things RVish. We just were down at his place this last weekend, cant say enough good things about his and Victoria's hospitality.

I recommend Don Thompson who instructs at Barnes Aviation at General William J. Fox (WJF) field in Lancaster, CA. Don is retired and you can count on him to be there for you :D Rosie

Back