What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shanghai

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccsmith51

Well Known Member
I'll be in Shanghai 20 - 26 November. There is nothing listed in the VAF White Pages for China, Peoples Republic of China, or PRC. Anybody know of any RV activities or builders in Shanghai? EAA doesn't list any chapters in China, maybe there is no experimental aviation...

China

To say there is no private aviation in China is incorrect. There are flying clubs in Hong Kong. There is also some private flying in mainland China.......... but for the selected few ( some are more equal than others!!).

There was a guy who posted on this board who was saying he was building an RV in Hong Kong but I have not heard from him in a long time. Next time I go I will try to go to a private airfield and see what is going on probably near to Shen Zhen, where I am told there is one.

Several years ago some Chinese had started flying flex wings, but the Govt stamped on it when someone flew int Beijing. So, don't hold your breath while trying to find an RV there.......

Wei Chen flew around the world...

from May 22-July 29, 2009 in a Socata TBM 700. Also the first GA pilot to fly across China. He owns a construction company in Memphis.

You will see alot more GA in China and less here. China owns Teledyne Continental, Cirrus and Superior Air Parts so far.

Thanks for the info...

This is my fourth time to Shanghai since 2007, but the first since owning an RV. I was hoping to find some experimental aviation buffs over there to look at a project, or at least share a beer or three at the Shanghai Hooters (a topic for another thread, indeed :D)

Thread moderation

Chris asked if there are any RV builders or flyers in the area where he is planning to visit. He did not ask for opinions about Chinese politics and/or why there wasn't much general aviation in China. If you'd like to comment about those topics, do so in an EAA or AOPA forum, not on VAF.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back