What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Friday morning breakfast at Mount Pocono!!

tkatc

Well Known Member
Open invite to anyone wanting to join Vlad and I to breakfast this Friday morning. (9/2/2011) We should arrive at MPO around 8am and are hoping the crew car is available to take into town.

Anybody else going? Please somebody come, take a close look at cousin's PURCHASED RV and talk to him about his panel and the way he parks :D :p

TonyatOceanCity.jpg

Based at KHZL with my "new to me" -8 and would enjoy a meal with fellow RVers but I need to be at work on Friday...do you guys get together on the weekends?

Mike

Bloomsburg

Jim, let's do unofficial unannounced unplanned RV meet at your airport. Oct 1 or 2nd. 3rd is good too.
When we go someplace to eat Tony usually initiates the flight he knows good spots. I usually mess up all his plans with job excuses :D but we go anyway. He "picks me up" somewhere in the air using his fancy glonass and exceptional scanning skills. Then we fly to an airport with good food.
One more RV9A is deep into Phase One he may be done by that time.

Yeah, yeah. While you guys are enjoying beers on Friday night, Vlad and I will BOTH be working. Well, at least I will. Vlad has a cushy job where he sleeps half the shift.

Anyway, if you can make it we would love to meet you guys. If not, we will keep trying. Weekend weather hasn't been that great around here.

Jim, you and I are long overdue to meet up! I thought I would see you at the New Garden fly-in with all those other RVs. :D

Jim, let's do unofficial unannounced unplanned RV meet at your airport. Oct 1 or 2nd. 3rd is good too.
When we go someplace to eat Tony usually initiates the flight he knows good spots. I usually mess up all his plans with job excuses :D but we go anyway. He "picks me up" somewhere in the air using his fancy glonass and exceptional scanning skills. Then we fly to an airport with good food.
One more RV9A is deep into Phase One he may be done by that time.

Sounds like a good plan Vlady. The 1st or 2nd works for me.

Yeah, yeah. While you guys are enjoying beers on Friday night, Vlad and I will BOTH be working. Well, at least I will. Vlad has a cushy job where he sleeps half the shift.

Anyway, if you can make it we would love to meet you guys. If not, we will keep trying. Weekend weather hasn't been that great around here.

Jim, you and I are long overdue to meet up! I thought I would see you at the New Garden fly-in with all those other RVs. :D

Yes, I agree. I wanted to go to New Garden but couldn't make it. My boss is an idiot (yes I am self employeed) and has been making me work an aweful lot this summer.

Little trip report.

Weather was excellent with zillion miles visibility. Tony picked us up he was delayed but never late :D

mpo%2525201.jpg

KMPO is nice airport. They have lots of really long runways and we landed on one of them. Parking was a premium but line service outstanding. We got chocks even before we shut down. Lots of RVs and RV drivers showed up. Me, myself,my cousin with his RV7A, Tom and my RV9A - nine total.

mpo%2525202.jpg

A crew car

mpo%2525204.jpg

Car we used to go to the Jubilee restaurant

mpo%2525205.jpg

A fuselage car :)

mpo%2525206.jpg

Great wonderful trip. Thanks for breakfast Tom! Crab cakes were the best! We want you to join us on every trip :D

mpo%2525207.jpg

Went there on Sunday and were out of luck for crew car. It's better to call Pocono airport and let them know if coming they will keep crew car for you. We decided not to wait 30 minutes and went to Central Jersey Regional there is a good place to eat.

fc3298f5.jpg

106c95aa.jpg

Back