What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAPISS

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Does any one know what part us lowlife Canadians have to fill in first? The arrival part or the departure. Tried the arrival and things did not go well. I've only filed once before and I had to take a seperate vacation just to file. I'm sure whom ever came up with this system , that there mandate was to deter people from crossing the border by private plane.
I'm still hopefull I won't miss all of Airventure.
Thanks Ron

Ron,
I know how you feel. I spent our last night in Canada trying to file correctly for our return flight the following day. I was getting frustrated and just about tossed the computer into the TV. Just because it is a government system, does it have to be so convoluted and confusing? It really could be much easier and intuitive. I remember that it asked for my customs decal number which was on my airplane in Ottawa (we were in Quebec). Of course I didn't have it written down so I made up a number which seemed work because the system accepted my info. :rolleyes:
Flying into Canada was super easy. One phone call upon leaving the US and one call upon arrival in Brantford, Ontario. Nobody even came to the plane. I was given an entry number and that was all.

Finally got both arrival and departure filed. I filed departure from the USA first, the computer assumes you have to be in the USA, where else would you begin!!!!

eApis

Don't think that is true... I've always departed from the Great White North and subsequently returned, in that order and never had a problem. It does get easier the more time you try it :rolleyes:
Last summer, leaving KOSH was interesting though. Due to weather, we decided to modify our route and entry point back into Canada. A phone call was required to the local office but it was closed and I had to call another number in Florida!!! The young lady had no idea how to handle my request other than to ask me to fax my request to her. Since I was in the middle of a field waiting to start up, I said that was not possible!
Eventually she relented and we departed just before the air show was about to start.... no further problems.

BTW, Ralph Modisette is the man to talk to regarding eApis. [email protected]

Last edited:
Back