What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFP Fuel Pump and EIS

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
I was running my AFP fuel pump to begin to purge & calibrate my fuel tank.
My max fuel pressure is reading 4.0 and I'm pumping only a small trickle. I'm about to do the timing test for gph. I guess when you figure the flow in gph, it may be correct. It just seems real slow to me. I was expecting a greater flow than that.
What is everyone else seeing here?

Gusher

Don't know if what you are describing is free flow from the pump or at the injector nozzles. My free flow, anywhere before the injector body, is a torrent. Guessing at least 1 gpm or 60 gph.

Far less at the flow divider. From recollection, about a minute for a half a coke bottle for each cyl. at WOT and full rich. I think closer to 15 psi too when doing this cal test.

zav6a said:
Don't know if what you are describing is free flow from the pump or at the injector nozzles. My free flow, anywhere before the injector body, is a torrent. Guessing at least 1 gpm or 60 gph.

Far less at the flow divider. From recollection, about a minute for a half a coke bottle for each cyl. at WOT and full rich. I think closer to 15 psi too when doing this cal test.

I was pumping before the divider. Although, I didn't have the throttle or mixture set. Did I blow it here? I wasn't thinking about that. Duh! :eek:

Back