What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First post... anyone willing to adopt an RV-3?

Sunny3

Hi,

I am new here, Greetings!

I hope to be able to contribute to this great community; my strong points are not aviation related, but if you have a computers related question do not hesitate to send me a PM.

Soon I will be joining Van's Air Force, I am in the process of buying an RV-3:)

Anyone willing to 'adopt' a little 3 in their hangar? I find it quite overkill to pay for a 40' hangar and store a 20' plane.
Or maybe somebody with a small aircraft that needs a hangar and we could share the rent?
Any of the small airports arround Toronto may work for me; a location near 407 would be great.

Thanks,
Sunny

Thank you, Mike.

I am glad that you say the 3-s are getting popular, the more the merrier! :)

On the other hand they are much harder to build (no quick build kits). That is why I will buy it instead of building. Not to mention that I am not that gifted on building... :confused:

RV-3 fits in the hanger along with .....

I bought a '3 last March in Phoenix and brought it home to Nashua NH to my 40 foot T hanger. It fits very nicely, along with my E-350 Van, my KZ-sportsman travel trailer, my utility trailer and two work benches full of tools....
The RV-3 just might be the best little airplane in the world! Enjoy.

Thank you, Vern.
Thing is I do not have anything else to store in the hangar, so it will be about 66% empty :eek:
I did not do any calculations yet but I think a normal 40' T hangar can hold 3 x RV3.

Hi Sunny!

This is also my future problem... Will a T-hangar house an RV-3 and an RV-8? If my mate gets his wish, we'll soon have two flying RV's instead of several piles of parts in the garage. :eek: I'd gladly share a hangar with you, but Toronto is a commute that would require getting into the -8 and flying a few hours to play with the -3... ;)

Thanks Katie.

I think that an RV-8 and an RV-3 will easily fit in a normal 40' T hangar.

Now that's a happy couple, talk about perfect match :)

Happy Landings!

But we also have to find room for our RV-6!!! ;)

With the three at about 750#, ramp the three up tail first with a boat winch just enough to clear the wing of the 6 and 8. The three would now sit in a level position held in place by the winch. You could then remove the front few feet of the ramp so you don't trip on them......................:D

Thanks Katie.

I think that an RV-8 and an RV-3 will easily fit in a normal 40' T hangar.

Now that's a happy couple, talk about perfect match :)

Happy Landings!

Yeah, you know that thread about "how to make my wife like airplanes?"
My answer is "marry a pilot." ;)

Of course, I don't think that was the answer the poor hubby was looking for!

Back