What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Replacement accessory case

N941WR

Legacy Member
Ok, I had to replace the accessory case on my O-290 (yes, again) because the one I had put on it last year doesn't work with the oil filter adapter my wife gave me for Christmas.

The replacement case has arrived and apparently was "sand blasted" with some type of media before shipment.

My question is, how do I clean all the media out before installing it on my engine?

I have blown it out and run gas through it, any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Bill, I would take it to a auto machine shop and have them run it through the washer. When I was in college I worked in a machine shop tearing things down and cleaning them up. The parts washer did a great job. Just like a big dish washer. Shouldn't cost much I wouldn't think.

Stiff nylon brushes, rifle and shotgun bore rods and cotton patches, and lots and lots of hot soapy water. Run every gallery, SEVERAL times. The big problem is when blast media gets wet it packs. It also can get into every nook and cranny in the case, so i would blow it with a air nozzle that has a long reaching tip on it. An old stainless fuel line works great.

Check around and see if you can find someone in your area doing ultrasonic cleaning----the size of the housing may cause you a problem, as most of these tanks are on the small side.

No bad chemicals, and increadable level of cleaning.

Mike

Hey Bill, can you contact me by phone 207 318 6035, my name is Bob Collins, I have talked to you before I'm building a 9a in maine.

Back