What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RVs to Columbia

flyingriki

Well Known Member
I wanted to thank the RVs that came to visit our Canard fly-in at Columbia this weekend. Great looking planes!!
Hope you weren't upset that we had to move you from in front of the gas trucks.....:rolleyes: The manager gets really pissy about a couple things and parking there is one of them. Glad you found my staked out overflow spot.
We had quite an interesting turnout this year. Mike Melville and his wife flew up in the Long EZ he took around the world. Has over 4500 hours on it now. He spent all 3 days and was a terific source of stories and experiences. As was Dick Rutan, who flew up in a Columbia. Dave Ronneberg, designer of the Berkut brought his O-540 beauty and demonstrated it's power. 2 other Berkuts came as well as a couple new Cozys and a recently completed Long EZ. Maybe 35 canards in all.
A lot of these guys know their aircraft and appreciated seeing the RVs. You're always welcome! Thanks again.

Next year post a ...HEADS UP... and you might get more RV's.

Columbia CA is always a great place to fly to. Those Rutan guys can come up with some great ideas for saving weight........ like a John Deere dyno instead of an alternator.

Space

We were out of ramp space as it was!

9Nw7Qm

And last time I checked many of us use B&C but many have found lighter and much cheaper that work great. :rolleyes:
Oh well, tried several times to post photo so:
http://flic.kr/p/9Nw7Qm

Last edited:
The RVs were from Livermore. The guy who co-built the red/gray/yellow RV-4 also built a Long-EZ.

Back