What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pre-purchase Inspection Los Angeles

tomarc34

I'm New Here
Hi

I am looking for a DAR or simiular to conduct a pre-purchase inspection in Los Angeles. Tried to call the two listings on this site but Gary Sobek phone number is now not connected. Also tried Adam Valdex without success to date. From Rosie: Gary recently disconnected his landline: will have him check in here.
Can anyone point me to a DAR / RV expert ?

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre-buy inspection

A warning- there is a RV in Los Angeles that has a reputation of being a scam. Many have been sucked in with nice photos only to find out the project is not what it appears. I do not know if this is the plane, but give a name of the seller and those locally can tell you about the plane. SoCal RV list on Yahoo is a close group of builders/flyers. We know all the RV's in the area without even needing to look at it, as more than likely the "good" planes are seen all the time by others.
Send me a name off list and I'll get you help.
Pascal

9A in California

Thanks for your offer to help. The ad appeared in Barnstormers and plane was described as follows:-

PRICE REDUCED -- ONLY 65 HOURS AIRFRAME & ENGINE SINCE NEW!!! THIS AIRCRAFT WAS BUILT BY AN I.A. AND COMPLETED IN 2008. ENGINE IS A BRAND NEW 160HP LYCOMING O-320-D1A. PROP IS A SENSENICH 70CM. QUICK-BUILD KIT. AUGUST ANNUAL. ? Contact Wil Bagshaw, Broker - located Santa Ynez, CA USA ? Telephone: 805 455 7904 . ? Posted May 10, 2011 PRICE REDUCED -- ONLY 65 HOURS AIRFRAME & ENGINE SINCE NEW!!! THIS AIRCRAFT WAS BUILT BY AN I.A. AND COMPLETED IN 2008. ENGINE IS A BRAND NEW 160HP LYCOMING O-320-D1A. PROP IS A SENSENICH 70CM. QUICK-BUILD KIT. AUGUST ANNUAL. ? Contact Wil Bagshaw, Broker - located Santa Ynez, CA USA ? Telephone: 805 455 7904 . ? Posted May 10, 2011

Regards

Keith

If this plane is based in santa ynez as suggested by the text in the previous post, I think I know what plane this is. Does it have a large "9" painted on it?

I am not a DAR, but did build my -7A, and if we are talking about the same plane, I could give you my impressions from a first-hand look-see if you like, and could also contact a few other locals that may have more information. No charge of course, and you should still consider paying someone to do a full check-out.

erich

New RV-9A For Sale w/ New Factory Engine - $64,900

To whom it may concern:

The RV-9A for sale in Santa Ynez is not a SCAM. Santa Ynez is about 120 miles north of Los Angeles where the purported SCAM aircraft is said to be.

This is a good airplane that is being flown regularly. It is not the one with the large numeral "9" painted on the side.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] concerning any interest in this aircraft.

Wil Bagshaw

Back