What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

navaid wing leveler problem

Ifly12

The head on my wing leveler is erroneously showing a left turn while in straight and level flight. Whenever I engage it the stick wants to move right to correct, thus putting me in a right turn.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John Thach

RV-6A
180 h/p constant speed

Last edited:
The head on my wing leveler is erroneously showing a left turn while in straight and level flight. Whenever I engage it the stick wants to move right to correct, thus putting me in a right turn.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

John Thach

RV-6A
180 h/p constant speed

Its been many years since I cracked open my old Navaid (later upgraded to the far superior Trio EZ-Pilot) but as I recall there are a couple of springs that hold the "gyro" motor in a centered position. Yours has probably cranked over into an off-center neutral. Open it up and if one of the springs is stretched (or disconnected) you can use needlenose pliers to tweak it back to center.

Or.......your head may be terminally ill........if so, the EZ-Pilot will work great with a healthy Navaid servo.

I've got a Navaid head that I no longer need. It was working when I removed it. You can have it for the cost of the shipping.

Navaid Control Head

Hi Kevin,

do you still have your NAVAID autopilot control head? Mine is not working anymore and I'd like to get a replacement one.
If you still have it, please send an email to [email protected]
Best,

Fabricio

similar servo

I had a problem with the clutch in my Trio Gold servo. Went back to Trio and they fixed it with no charge. Said the clutch tension had loosened and was slipping.

Back