What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VM1000C Dimensions

az_gila said:
Finley... why don't you just go to the Vision Microsystems web site? ....they know best.

http://www.visionmicrosystems.com/product/vm1000specs.html

gil in Tucson
Gil,
They have the details for the VM1000 but no dimensions for the VM1000C. They could have the same dimensions, but it does not say so on the web site. I emailed Vision Micro and the reply from the friendly lady was that she did not know but would send a fax with the details. No fax yet after three days. I have the VM1000C on backorder and I want to plan the layout of the instrument panel, so if anyone knows these dimensions I can get to work.
Finley Atherton

Last edited:
1.5 inches deep

Fine print on their color ad says the same depth behind the panel (1.5 inches) as the VM1000 ... gil

Thanks Rene, this means that the VM1000C is larger behind the panel than the VM1000. So, if anyone else is planning their panel with the VM1000C do not use the VM1000 dimensions as a guide.
Finley Atherton

Reading specs......

Finley... ask for a re-measure.

The 1 1/2 is a behind the panel dimension (as quoted on the VM100 spec. page) and also on the VM1000C color brochure.

I bet the 1.7 is the Overall Depth, with 0.2 inch from the rear of the panel to the buttons...

I'll bet you a pint of good adult beverage they are the same... :)

gil in Tucson

Seeming to read specs. all of the time.... ;)

Don't forget the connectors!

Hi Finley,
I was at the workshop so I measured the critter for you. Behind the panel the depth is 1.55 inch BUT there are also 4 connectors protuding from the box adding another 0.2 inch. You'll have to mind these connectors as well so you'll have to add some space for these too. Depending on the type of connector I would say 1.5-2 inch at least.
vm1000c9dz.jpg

good luck!

az_gila said:
I'll bet you a pint of good adult beverage they are the same... :)
gil in Tucson
Ahhh? I can taste the beer now, good Australian beer naturally. This is copied from Vision Micro web page: VM1000 (behind panel)
5 1/4"W x 5 7/16"H x 1 1/2"D.
I have a fax from Vision Micro with the behind the panel dimensions of the VM1000C: 5.8? W x 6.3?H x ?basic unit depth is 1.7? without connectors?. The depth may be in dispute but it is wider and higher. So one day when I am in Tucson I will look forward to that promised beer!!
Finley
9A Australia :) :)

Ok

Findlay,

You are on... I always pay my debts.... :) I'm sure we can find good beer for you here (even Australian beer)...

I'll even throw in an airplane tour of the neighborhood, but it'll have to be in my Grumman Tiger...

gil A

PS lesson of the thread... allow for enough clearance around things, and don't forget to find out where cables stick out and get in the way of other stuff... :)

Back