What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tso 146a ?

rwtrwtau

At the moment it looks like we have the GNS480 and the Freeflight units on the market and TSO'ed to 146A. Does anyone know if there are some other (hopefully cheaper) units appearing on the market anytime soon? Some competition and/or more choice would be a good thing.

I know the GNS430 is rumoured to be upgradeable one day but it looks like being as expensive as the GNS 480 once upgraded.

Thanks
Richard

How much is Freeflight?

I'd check with GRT about their new GPS.. it's going to be $750.. and it's got all the acronyms and TSO's that you're looking for.

Radomir said:
How much is Freeflight?

I'd check with GRT about their new GPS.. it's going to be $750.. and it's got all the acronyms and TSO's that you're looking for.

I have no idea how much the Freeflight is to be honest.

In terms of the the GRT GPS I see that entire system costing in excess of $10K and still not having the capabilities of the GNS480. i.e No Com, No ILS and no certification of the actual software and database. In short I think they are a bit of a way off being able to do a GPS approach in the scud.

Richard

Just saw that Freeflight costs $4,900 when bought from Chelton as part of their system. Note that the GPS itself does not have user interface, so it cannot really be compared to 480 for example (and of course, doesn't have nav/com etc)... it's just an integrated part of the EFIS system. IN this particular case, that system costs 28k (w/o Freeflight)

Back