What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SkyView autopilot installation

RV-4

Well Known Member
Hello Gents
I just received my new to me autopilot's servos for my Skyview to be installed in my RV-4..
I bought the pitch servo installation kit for it (there is none for the roll axis on the -4 )and I was wondering if anyone would have pictures of their installation in their RVs ( RV-4 even better )they wouldn't mind sharing just to give me an idea of the work involved??

Thanks in advance for your help...

Bruno Dionne
[email protected]

Hello Gents
I just received my new to me autopilot's servos for my Skyview to be installed in my RV-4..
I bought the pitch servo installation kit for it (there is none for the roll axis on the -4 )and I was wondering if anyone would have pictures of their installation in their RVs ( RV-4 even better )they wouldn't mind sharing just to give me an idea of the work involved??

Thanks in advance for your help...

Bruno Dionne
[email protected]

I'll try to take some pics and post them later. I made two brackets: one connected to the center tunnel and the other to the rear spar carry-through. This holds the servo in position rigidly. The same installation works for GRT and TruTrak servos as well as the Dynon servos.

I riveted a horn to the control tube near the aft stick mount.

I then cut a slot in the tunnel web and mounted the pushrod. The key to adjusting the pushrod position is to ensure that there is a 90 degree angle of the pushrod to the servo arm and a 90 degree angle to the control tube axis.

The tricky part is the control tube: the 90 degree angle is with respect to the line drawn from the control tube pivot axis to the hole in the horn that you fabricated.

The pics will help.

V

Last edited:
Update, I did find one pic of the servo hardpoint:

IMG_0895.JPG

V

Skyview autopilot installation

Hello Vern
Thanks a lot for the info and the pictures,it will help a lot in the installation..

Thanks again

Bruno
[email protected]

:D

Last edited:
Back