What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

HOT Bahama info Freeport

turbo

Well Known Member
Info from CaribbeanFlyingAdventures.com

Dear Fellow Pilots,

Effective April 1 ? and with only a day?s notice ? the only FBO at the airport at Freeport, Bahamas, increased parking fees from $8 to $25 nightly; terminal fees from $7 to $30; and instituted a new handling fee of $30 ($75 for twins). You may recall that the Bahamas recently increased the departure tax for pilots and passengers from $15 to $20 and also increased the hotel taxes from 6% to 10%.

I?m not sure what?s going on but it?s clear that the folks who are calling the shots don?t have a clue what there are doing or what impact this will have on private pilot visits to Freeport. Airport fees used to cost $77 with 4 people on board for a three night visit. This is now $215 for a single and $260 for a light twin.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Regards, Jim Parker

Fees

Boy...that's poopey so much for free enterprise and competition...looks like US virgins are just as nice as I have been to both. Wonder what Jamaica charges?:confused:

I signed up for the Bahamas Pilot Challenge and will be touring the islands in a couple weeks.
Freeport was one stop but we were not staying overnight.
We plan on hitting about 8 AOE during our tour.
I'll report any charges that appear to be out of line.

Last edited:
what kind of thing is the Bahamas Pilot Challenge? how much rum punch you can consume? sun you can reflect? 100 LL consumed?

Back