What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lens compatibility problems

Grezdlitn

Friend
Based on insights from this board I purchased a Canon Digital Rebel XT. My primary choice being that I already own a Canon 35mmSLR with AF lenses.
I was led to believe that all AF lenses would function.......not the case. Is anyone having issues with lenses other than OEM Cannon? I have a Sigma that works well on my 35 slr but I keep getting a (error 99) on my new digital.
Can anyone shed some light?
Mark

Sigma has issues between some lenses and EOS bodies. They (at least used to) do an update to make 'em compatible. Not sure if this applies to your particular lens. Probably would be worth contacting Sigma's support.

Radomir said:
Sigma has issues between some lenses and EOS bodies. They (at least used to) do an update to make 'em compatible. Not sure if this applies to your particular lens. Probably would be worth contacting Sigma's support.

Thanks for the info, I'll give them a try. I'd hate to have to replace the one I have.

Mark

Forgot to add (sorry) -- they used to do this upgrade for free, and they even do complimentary cleaning. Not sure if they still do it, so that's why I recommended checking with them directly.

Radomir,

Checked with Sigma and they still do the upgrade for free. It only cost $10 for shipping. What a deal. Beats heck out of having to shell out more $$$ for a new lens.

Mark :)

Back