What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone at 40J (Perry-Foley) in Perry, FL?

RVbySDI

Well Known Member
Is there anyone at the Perry-Foley (40J) airport in Perry, FL here? My wife and I are flying to Sun N Fun leaving on March 26th. It looks like we are going to end up having to spend the night on Saturday, March 26th at Perry, FL. Any RV guys at the airport that may have hangar space available for an overnight stay? Any suggestions on places my wife and I can get a room?

Any help would be appreciated.

P_erry

Steve,

There aren't any RVers at Perry that I know of. The airport is nice with a nice FBO and there are a few motels along the main drag through town. It is about 70 NM from my home in Quincy, Florida though, so I can't help you with Perry. If you choose Tallahassee or Quincy, I'd be happy to see that you were taken care of. Tallahssee's identifier is KTLH and Quincy's is 2J9. Let me know if I can help.

David Watson
49FD

Steve,

There aren't any RVers at Perry that I know of. The airport is nice with a nice FBO and there are a few motels along the main drag through town. It is about 70 NM from my home in Quincy, Florida though, so I can't help you with Perry. If you choose Tallahassee or Quincy, I'd be happy to see that you were taken care of. Tallahssee's identifier is KTLH and Quincy's is 2J9. Let me know if I can help.

David Watson
49FD
Aw, now you have sparked my interest in re-evaluating my flight plans (again). I had originally flight planned for a fuel stop at 2J9 when I was thinking of making the trip in one day. After my wife mentioned spending the night somewhere I started looking at 40J. 2J9 would work out better as far as the logistics of our stops. I would love to talk with you about staying over at 2J9. Send me an email at steveingraham (at) hotmail (dot) com if you wish to take our conversation off the forum.

2J9

Steve,

I'm leaving work for the day but will do my best to remember to email you in the morning. If I forget, my email at work is [email protected]. I look forward to helping you get something squared away.

David Watson
49FD

Steve,
Perry-Foley was an overnight stay home to California from the Cayman Islands in 2009. We had a GREAT time there and would recommend the stay! Here's what I wrote up in my trip report:

"...It was about a 40 minute flight to Homestead with Jim & Gene's RVs showing up about an hour later. We all fueled and decided to make one more
flight (leg) to Perry Foley (40J), Fl, about a 2 hour flight. We fueled then tied down the planes for the night, and the folks at the Hampton Inn picked us up.

The Perry Hampton Inn is less than 5 minutes from the airport, and I highly recommend them for anybody heading this way looking to overnight as
they are TRULY 5-STAR!!! Their number is 850.223.3000, and you can contact them via e-mail. Goodman's BBQ is right next door, and we left there
'stuffed' with excellent BBQ!!!"

Have a safe trip :D Rosie

A couple of years ago on the return from SNF I spent a couple of hours there due to some rapidly changing weather. A giant conga line of airplanes formed in the pattern which all ended up at the pumps, and of course everyone got hungry too. The airport seemed sparse but the folks there were very gracious and accomodated everyone well.

Perry Foley

I live about 30 Miles south of Perry (39fd). It is a very convienant stop for SNF. They also have a courtesy car. Lodging and food services are very close by. There are a bunch of RVs near Perry, but I don't know of any based there. The FBO is very friendly and fuel is competively priced, runways and taxiways are all in good condition. Should you want to take the scenic route to SNF fly the coast stopping at Cedar Key or overflying it.
Gerry, VAF 172
Repeat RV builder

I live about 30 Miles south of Perry (39fd). It is a very convienant stop for SNF. They also have a courtesy car. Lodging and food services are very close by. There are a bunch of RVs near Perry, but I don't know of any based there. The FBO is very friendly and fuel is competively priced, runways and taxiways are all in good condition. Should you want to take the scenic route to SNF fly the coast stopping at Cedar Key or overflying it.
Gerry, VAF 172
Repeat RV builder
Micahel,
Thanks for the info about your airport but Perry is on the edge of my comfort range for fuel duration on that leg of the flight. Any other airports I may stop at would have to be W/NW of Perry.

Back