What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

pneumatic squeezer question

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Hi - I'm looking to buy a 4" no-hole yoke for my CP-214 squeezer. It has an adjustable set. It looks to me like I won't be able to use the adjustable set with the 4" yoke because the base is too thick? Am I right? If so, do I get a longer fixed set and use the washers?

Confused, but with power tools,

dave

Cleveland...

...Tools sold me my 4" no-hole and my adjustable set and told me they live and play well together. Experience has supported this. The squeezer is happy, I'm happy.

All of my experience with Cleveland Tools has been great.

George

Where in Iowa?

I was born in God's Country and visit frequently. My -9A might just fly this year.

I have a pneumatic squeezer with an adjustable set holder and 4" no hole yoke from Avery. It worked fine, even though it wasn't supposed to. It probably gets close to the end of the adjustment, but I never had problems. As long as about 3/16" of the threads are engaged, it should be OK.

Roberta

Someone makes two different lengths adjustable set. I'll try to rmember who and get back.

Up Date: I must have been mistaken. I can't find one anywhere. I wonder why you can't buy an adjustable set that is a 1/4 inch longer? I'd buy one.

Last edited:
petehowell said:
I was born in God's Country and visit frequently. My -9A might just fly this year.

Cleavland Tool is in Boone, Iowa. I'm in Williamsburg, where did you live?

I'm a new Iowan in...

Cedar Rapids. Been here 1 year, love it, except for tornado warnings. Great place to live, good for kids.

dave

more pneumatic squeezer stuff

IowaRV9Dreamer said:
Hi - I'm looking to buy a 4" no-hole yoke for my CP-214 squeezer. It has an adjustable set. It looks to me like I won't be able to use the adjustable set with the 4" yoke because the base is too thick? Am I right? If so, do I get a longer fixed set and use the washers?

Confused, but with power tools,

dave

Dave,
I also have a Pneumatic squeezer from Cleveland tool. The adjuster works fine with my 4" no-hole yoke. you might need to turn the adjustment out a little before you put the yoke on to make it easier. One other item worth mentioning, I noticed that the no-hole that Cleveland sells is reduced in thichness right at the adjuster area. Cleveland also has a thicker flat set if you're doing flush rivets that you can put on the piston side to make up some of the distance. If you got the squeezer and didn't get the foot control you need to try one of those too. I got mine shortly after the squeezer and man what a difference! The foot control is what truly makes the pneumatic worth it. All the hand control ones are really klunky. I did 400 dimples on the skins of my RV-10 H/stab every one perfect, a SUPER tool. I wouldn't even consider tackleing a aluminum kit without one. The foot control makes it sooo much easier. I'd bet the people that say the pneumatic isn't a big help DIDN'T have the foot control. IMHO YMMV
Bill Jepson

Envious

I'm envious of you Iowa guys. That's really God's Country. I don't miss the snow but the change of seasons was great. I was born and raised in a little town West of Williamsburg and moved to Alabama 18 years ago. Back often to visit friends and family in Belle Plaine, CR, and Williamsburg. Is there an airport in Williamsburg now? I got my private at Green Castle.

PaulR
wings

Squeezer set

Avery makes a longer adjustable set holder part #7791 for the 1.25" base yokes.

Todd
RV-10 Emp

Pneumatic Squeezer Question

Dave,
We have sold many of the 4-inch thin nose yokes to builders that have the adjustable set holders and have not had any problems reported.
Glenna
www.planetools.com :)

Unless I am missing something something the Avery 7791 set holder is not adjustable. You would have to use the washers with that one. It is only $19.00 and the adjustable ones are arount $65.00. I have that one and the shorter one for my pneumatic squeezer but sure wish I had a longer one that was adjustable.

Squeezer set

My bad, from the picture I thought the 7791 was a longer threaded sleeve for the adjustable set. Sorry for the bum gouge.

Todd
RV-10 Emp

PaulR said:
I'm envious of you Iowa guys. That's really God's Country. I don't miss the snow but the change of seasons was great. I was born and raised in a little town West of Williamsburg and moved to Alabama 18 years ago. Back often to visit friends and family in Belle Plaine, CR, and Williamsburg. Is there an airport in Williamsburg now? I got my private at Green Castle.

PaulR
wings

Hey Paul,

I missed this post earlier. No public airport in Williamsburg, one of my neighbors has a nice grass strip he flies out of about 4 miles SW of town though. My son and I are both members at Green Castle. Nice club and great prices on rentals.

Check your PMs I sent one.

JohnR

Back