What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mike Schipper's New Paint

txaviator

Well Known Member
Mike Schipper, a fellow -9 builder here in the DFW area reported on his first flight a month or so ago. He just got his plane back from the paint shop and I think the pattern is awesome! I know Mike was trying to fly off his remaining test hours in the last few days, and then trying to attend Sun-N-Fun.

In any respect, I just love this Texas paint scheme/colors! Check it out:

done9big2pz.jpg

I can't wait to get to this stage!

Nice lines for sure. I think the way it swooshs back and up really works well.

Kind of like a late 90's Grumman scheme.

and the dark on the bottom is a nice look. and the two tone pants.

Nice scheme

This is a good looking scheme. It accomplishes making the fuse and wings look longer and flows very nicely.

I'm painting this weekend!!! 4 colors basecoat/clearcoat and were going to knock it out in one weekend. Of course, I've been prepping for 4 weeks.

Nice job Mike!!

I saw that plane at S&F. Looks sharp. Do you have a picture of the wings? They're also painted with the texas flag I believe.

Bottom of Wings....

I follow Mike's website/progress on a regular basis since meeting him last year at the Texas RV Fly-In. I saw the paint when he updated his site, and the last he posted, he was trying to fly off phase-1 in time to make it to S-N-F. Someone saw him there, so that's cool he got everything completed! In any respect, here's a photo taken by the paint shop as he departed. WAY-WAY cool!

done223qt.jpg

Back