What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best RV friendly airport near Disney World??

Brantel

Well Known Member
Best RV friendly airport/FBO near Disney World??

Any one got any tips on the best RV friendly airport/FBO near Disney World??

My wife is running in the Disney half marathon end of Feb. and I do not want to drive!!!!

Last edited:
KISM

I use KISM everytime I take people to Disney. Its by far the closest - and the friendliest for experimental airplanes.

KISM is friendly, but FWIW orlando executive is much closer to the Universal theme parks (just got back from there with the family).

We had a car service take us from KISM to the Hard Rock hotel (much nicer and a little cheaper than a cab). It took 20-30 minutes, and the guy said that Orlando Exec was much more convenient.

Brantel,

Both airports are nice...Orlando Executive is closest. If you use "Showalter" at Orlando Executive, I promise your experience will be great. I've used them many times and I've never had a bad experience. My only complaint with Orlando Executive is a grumpy old ground controller. He needs to get a life, but the airport is just fine.

David Watson

Which FBO is the best for RV's at KISM?

Brantel,

I use Kissimmee Jet Center. I've alway had great service there no matter if I'm in the jet or in the RV. They've got the cheapest fuel too ;)

Orlando Exec is a nice airport too - I second going to Showalter. They always provide great service.

I'm not sure on drive time from KORL, but comming out of KISM, its a left turn on Bronson Memorial Hwy and a right turn on World Dr. into Disney. Takes me about 15 minutes.

Be sure to keep an eye on the TFR over Disney while you're down there.

Daniel

KISM is also P-51 friendly as well. Very cool sharing the pattern with these birds.

Yeah it is! Last trip I did down there was a Thursday thru Tuesday trip. Ended up playing golf at the course that's right on the airport there for Fri, Sat and Mon. I've got to say, I don't mind the sound of a Merlin at full song while I'm trying to putt..... :D

Disney airport

X04 in apoka is right around the corner from Disney. I have a hanger there that you are welcome to use. I can help you make arraingements for a car if you would like. If you would like more laid back(out in the country) I have a grass strip you could land at 45 minutes away from disney that has a small trailer(27') you could stay at. 52FA

Bill
Rv 4

Bill,

I will send a PM shortly...I would love to discuss options!!!

We have a room at Disney but I would love to have a hangar and some options for a car...

Last edited:
Well it stinks but looks like the wife and I are taking the 4 wheeled vehicle to Disney this weekend....The weather stinks for a Friday flight down and stinks for a Monday flight back!!

No matter how I tried to spin it, it does not look good! :(

Oh well, better safe than sorry! :eek:

I know you probably have things set only for this weekend. My plan is to set a period of time that I'm going to go. Than if the weather is nice I'll jump in the plane and go. Sorry to hear that you have to take the 4 wheel machine. Have a fun time, I'm sure you will.

sounds like a .......

mission for a IFR pilot. how did the wx look for a ifr flight? having someone available might have been a solution. fun too. the wx in fl is looking good.
curtissa12.jpg

I is one but have you seen that line of storms that were spread across the Southeast? RV's are no match for them...The weather for the return trip does not look good either.

The weather here in Orlando is gusty and with a pretty low broken layer. We made a good choice..

Last edited:
After 8-9 months of training, my wife ran the half marathon at Disney today. This was quite an accomplishment for her!

Congrats to your wife. A half marathon is on my to do list. Just need to bump up the miles (which takes time away from building).

Back