What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Placards from Aircraft Engravers

IowaRV9Dreamer

Well Known Member
Just wanted to post a positive PIREP for Aircraft Engravers.

For a very reasonable price (<$100) I got five placards made to my custom design. Here is a picture of four of them:

The placards are 0.020 thick "matte" material, with adhesive on the back. I designed them in Visio (together with my panel) and Matthew at Aircraft Engravers had them made. They fit perfectly - all the switch holes lined up exactly. Here are 2 pics of them on my panel:

The N number placard has special adhesive on it so it can be backlit - it will be mounted behind the hole above the radio stack.

The service was fast, the product was perfect, and the price was reasonable. Just thought you should know.

http://www.engravers.net/

A definite "ditto" on that - same material even...:)

This is the set they made for me, after I sent them the hole sizes, they drilled the holes before shipping. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Since the plates can be held on with the mounting nuts for the switches, I might try assembly without using the adhesive backing.

rv-labels.jpg

Dave, off on a tangent here... where did you get the dimmer pots for your interior lights? Yes, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I'm just delving into panel planning. Nice placards too. For that kind of money I think I'll go with them myself.

When I replaced my panel in my Cherokee 180 several years ago, they engraved my panel. I used their paint engraving process which turned out pretty good. It was expensive, but it really looked nice.

Dave, off on a tangent here... where did you get the dimmer pots for your interior lights? Yes, I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I'm just delving into panel planning
Hi Lars - the pots and knobs are from Digikey. I made a little circuit board that has 4 adjustable voltage regulators, plus an ipod power supply and a little extra "stuff" on it.

For example, the switch in the center of the knobs turns on all the interior lights at full brightness, and runs on the battery bus. Useful for loading at night. Most of the other lights are on the main bus, but the board also has some logic for the annunicators which run on the essential bus.

Sorry for the geek rant!

I have 2 extra circuit cards, which I may sell with schemtics/parts list at some point.

Hi Lars - the pots and knobs are from Digikey. I made a little circuit board that has 4 adjustable voltage regulators, plus an ipod power supply and a little extra "stuff" on it.

For example, the switch in the center of the knobs turns on all the interior lights at full brightness, and runs on the battery bus. Useful for loading at night. Most of the other lights are on the main bus, but the board also has some logic for the annunicators which run on the essential bus.

Sorry for the geek rant!

I have 2 extra circuit cards, which I may sell with schemtics/parts list at some point.

From one geek to another! I love Digikey. Plus the lab I work in has a circuit board shop so we can make a lot of that stuff ourselves. Hmmm...

Back