What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Flying in to Ontario, CA?

Ironflight

VAF Moderator / Line Boy
Mentor
Question for the SoCal Locals....It looks like Louise is going to have to grab a SWA flight back to Houston for work reasons on the 1st or 2nd, and I'll fly home solo. Of course, we'll be up in Big Bear, and the easiest way down the hill is by RV. Does anyone have any experience with flying in to Ontario to drop off a passenger going out on the aluminum mailing tube? Is there a GA ramp with an easy way to get to the terminal? RV Friendly FBO for this?

Paul

Reminiscing.....Decades ago, I remember when I could fly in to Minneapolis International in a Cherokee, taxi right up to the terminal (Gate 65 I think it was), park and walk inside.....the good old days!

Paul,

I remember using gate 65 at MSP myself! Good ol' days indeed. I'm not a SoCal local, but I used to fly in to KONT routinely in my prior life flying bizjets. Guardian Jet Center always treated us quite well and there were usually light aircraft on the ramp. I am sure they will provide a lift to the terminal, but would call them first to make sure. We used to use the Beechcraft FBO and I think it is now Atlantic Aviation. They were nice folks too, but fuel prices and more personal service eventually sent us to Guardian.

Happy New Year!

Sorry i can't give you more current details on Ontario, I flew in there for some training several years ago. It is a large commercial (lots of shipping air jets) airport so lots of heavies (whatever that means) flying in there. It was in my mind somewhat comical to put the little 152 in with the jets but i guess thats the equality of federal funding and we were in there late at night when there was available spacing

The only time that I flew into ONT was to have my airplane on display for their open house.

IF no one posts anything about flying in and you cannot get an answer from one of the FBOs, I would recommend flying into Cable then hop into my pickup truck and drive there.

I am pretty sure you have my cell. I can give you my hangar number, hangar combination, and the key for my truck is already in the ignition. There is a transponder on the truck that will get you through the gate at Cable Airport.

Last edited:
Atlantic Avaiation

Paul,

We used to operate some R&D as well as corporate A/C out of the Atlantic (formally Beechcraft West) facility on the south side of the airport. Shuttle service or a crew car ware always available and the ramp staff were 1st class.

http://www.atlanticaviation.com/Locations/ONT.aspx

If that doesn't work just e-mail me and I am sure that we can get you ground transportation from Redlands (KREI) airport just down the hill.

Phil

Mailing Tube?

Now that would be a mailing tube that provides POS (Positively Outrageous Service)...right!?! ;)

After you make your rezzies, call Guardian at 909-605-6366, or Atlantic at 909-390-2370. I'll bet one of them can run you over to the terminal. If all else fails, the UPS base on that side of the field has been known to run folks around, but in the daytime, that could be hit and miss (vampires over there! :cool:)

There...a little more POS! (Hey, and no jokes about that acronym! :D)

See you on NYD!

Cheers,
Bob

POS, Huh? What marketing weasel figured that one out?! ;)

See you Saturday - who knows, maybe someone headed back down the hill after lunch wants to drop Louise off!

Paul

Back