What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avery customer service

flyvans.com

Well Known Member
Just wanted to give two thumbs up to Bob Avery and his service!

It all started with a lucky punch, winning Doug's monthly pledge drive goodie in the form of a credit at Avery Tools.

So let's see what tools are we missing for our recently finished RV-7A? turns out we've had to borrow quite a few when we needed them, mainly sockets and special wrenches (which we can't get in regular stores). So the order went out for an aviation spark plug socket and a few extras which was promptly delivered.

One other extra tool we needed was a special long reach socket to service the fuel injectors. We did not exactly know the size/type required, so i inquired with Bob. He went out of his way to provide us with the right sockets: First he went to an A&P at the airport to find out what tools he used. Turns out the A&P had modified his sockets to fit in the tight spot. So Bob went to Sears to get us two 1/2" long reach sockets and modified one on his lathe as he had observed at the airport!
A week or so later we have the sockets nicely packaged, along with two Avery catalogs in the mail... Cost for parts and labour: Less than a quart of oil sets you back over here :)

Will we recommend Avery? Absolutely positively to anyone!

kind regards,
Bernie

Dido

Avery tools are great to deal with. I had a quick disconnect ordered with many other items and it was unfortunately left out. I contacted them and very shortly, I received the item in the mail.

Later that evening, I received another package from Fed-Ex...another SafeAir quick disconnect? I contacted them to send the second one back, but they said to either keep it or give it away to another builder.

Another -8 builder down the road is now getting it as a Christmas gift from Avery!

Awesome to deal with, great customer service and I will buy whatever I need from them!

Cheers!

I always joked throughout the build of my 9A that I could call Avery Tools to place my order and the stuff would be here yesterday. They have amazing customer service. Any hiccup in my order would be immediately remedied way beyond the call of duty.

Steve Johnson
RV-9A-- flying
Abilene, Tx

Last edited:
Have good Christmas Alex and Bernie

See you both next year.

I shall be placing an order with PlaneTools as it seems their RV tool kit is very comprehensive.

Has anyone got that foot operated pneumatic dimpler that fits to the DRDT? Any feedback on that item would be good.

I'll second that!!!

Any positive comments about Bob Avery, his service and his staff are more than well deserved. Most of the suppliers we all use are good but it's the personal service at Avery Tools that makes them the best!!! (IMHO).

I agree, Avery have given me good service even though I am in Australia. In fact, I have to say that most US companies I have dealt with have tried very hard to give good customer service. Browntool maybe not so much, but the problem I had there was sorted by Snap-on, so happy in the end. :)

I used to think so

I used to think Avery had the very best customer service. The last few times I dealt with them, I thought their service had gone downhill considerably.

One example I recall in particular was over the course of about a month, I emailed them twice and twice filled out the contact form on their web site, seeking more detailed info for a rather expensive purchase (inspection scope). ZERO response, zero sale. I bought one elsewhere, and no longer consider them first when buying tools.

Avery Tools

Here is my experience with Avery. I have built three RV's and anytime I needed something stocked by Avery I ordered it from them. I have spent several thousand dollars over the past ten years at Avery with no issues and outstanding service.

A few months back while at LOE a buddy of mine won a raffle prize. The prize was free use of Avery's aircraft scales. My buddy offered to sale me the opportunity at a discount and since I was close to the end of my RV10 I took him up on it. A couple of weeks back I contacted Bob Avery and arranged to have the scales shipped to me (shipping cost was not part of the raffle prize). The box the scales ship in is large and heavy. When I asked Bob Avery about the shipping cost he immediately said not to worry he would cover it.

That was completely unexpected and another example of Avery's outstanding support and commitment to the RV community.

Pat Stewart

Nobody is perfect but Avery's got a ton of my money during the almost 10 years of building my bird....Great people!!!

Last edited:
Went to Bob Avery's shop today unannounced and he welded a
hole in an intake tube for me.

Dealt with Avery's on other items in the past and did not no
Bob makes most of the tools in the back of his shop.

This is what the RV community is all about. This is an excellent
company to do business with.

Thanks to Bob and his Team and they will be here for many
years to come.

Back