What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phoenix RV Fliers and/or Clubs

Sunriver Ken

Well Known Member
I am wondering if there are any RV flying clubs in the Phoenix area. I recently purchased a RV-9A and would like to participate in fly-outs with other RV owners.

Thanks

Check in with Tom (RVATOR51) & Katie Velvick of Peoria, AZ :D Rosie

N53KT RV-4
N53KT RV-4
N7053L RV-4

Working on a RV7 right now. Should be complete in a few months.

I'm located at Deer Valley (DVT) and Scottsdale (SDL).

I'm always up for flying.

Hi Ken,

We usually fly somewhere out of Deer Valley Airport (KDVT) about every other weekend. Payson is a favorite breakfast destination. Used to be every weekend, but busy working on the unfinished RVs now. Probably next time we will fly is New Years day somewhere. Usually go to Laughlin with a group but not sure what the plan is yet. I will let you know when I hear.

We also belong to the Phoenix Pilots Group who usually has something going on every weekend. Check out http://www.meetup.com/aviation-76/

Some Valley EAA chapters are:
EAA 538 Deer Valley Chapter
EAA 1217 Scottsdale Chapter

Where do you fly out of?

Last edited:
another upcoming flyin

Hi Ken,

Coolidge Airport has a monthly pancake breakfast the first Saturday of each month. Usually around 80-100 planes fly in. In January, the flyin is on Saturday, Jan 1st. They quit during the hot months in the summer. Also, Casa Grande has a pancake breakfast flyin usually the last Sat (or 4th Sat?) of each month too.

What airport are you flying out of locally? There are a few of us at DVT everyday if you want to come by and get acquainted. Larry

I'll be in Peoria (northwest Phoenix) over the holidays...I'm sure I'll be ready for a break from the family at some point...would be great to meet up w some RVers. What time and where at DVT do you all meet?

-Jim

P.S. Know anyone who will be leaving their DVT hangar empty from 23-28 Dec? I'd gladly leave a beverage of choice behind when we left.

re: arizona rv rental

WHY IS RV?S A GREAT WAY TO EXPLORE ARIZONA?S GOLF COURSES?

In 2011, the main event, the RV?s show will takes place in January but that is only one of the many winter events taking place in the town, like International GOLF Tournament, Gem and Mineral Shows , Craft Shows, Giant on-Going Flea market gatherings of RV Clubs, families , friends and especially, retirees from far and Wide..As you travel the Byway, you will also come to understand why the area is widely known for its Unforgettable Golfing Experience , whether you are a veteran golfer or are just trying your hand at the sport, come golfing along Red Rock Scene Byway.

I know about owners rental and cruise america but is their anywheres else that rents rv's? Has any one tried cruise america?

Back