What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Best price for Dynon servos?

bkthomps

Well Known Member
Trying to avoid taxes by buying in-state, who's typically got the best/most competitive prices on dynon products, specifically the servos?

A while back someone PM'd me saying they had the best but I'm afraid their message got pruned

consider getting the mounting bracket for now...

no need to get the servo now... you can buy the mounting bracket for fitting and pick up the actual servo later at no cost penalty. aircraft spruce has all of the pieces.

already got the bracket in, just doing my homework on the servo sourcing, i've got a running list of things i need and vendors who have competitive pricing, but for servos and avionics, it's mostly blank right now

I got mine direct from Dynon. Good pricing and like the previous post states, you can just purchase the bracket if you want. I opted for the package.

no need to get the servo now... you can buy the mounting bracket for fitting and pick up the actual servo later at no cost penalty. aircraft spruce has all of the pieces.

Stephan,

I didn't put the bracket in yet. Any thoughts on how difficult it will be on my completed -9. I am still "hand-flying". That's perfect for most flights, but I am starting to fly a bit of IFR and would like to add the AP.

No problem... a bit more work for pitch

Hey Tony! The roll servo bracket is very accessible and will be easy... The pitch bracket will be quite a bit more involved, not really a problem though... just time ;)

There are a couple of Dynon dealers right here on VAF that have good pricing, too, when you're ready for them; SkyView Aviation (myself) and Stein Air come to mind.

Spruce has them in stock - just got one.

Do the other dealers stock individual items?

I think pretty much everyone has the same pricing on the servos unless you are buying a package deal.

You say you don't want to use ACS due to wanting to avoid sales tax...(does GA have Use Tax?)

Give the advertisers here a shot at it....

Tony,

I put the AP in a flying airplane and it was no problem at all. I did however have it pre-wired but I did not have any of the brackets installed. The pitch servo was by far the hardest just because of access to that area sucks if you are a fat man and I know a little about that. It was not that bad though. PS. Lift the tail up on something so that it is not so downhill before climbing in there or you may need help getting out of there!!!

I purchased my dynon servo just a few weeks ago from Van's. In turn, Van's has the Dynon factory drop ship the servo directly. Since I couldn't find any discounted prices (it's $750 everywhere), I was able to support Van's and avoid local taxes. With Dynon factory only 30 miles down the road from here, I got my servo within just a couple of days!

I purchased my dynon servo just a few weeks ago from Van's. In turn, Van's has the Dynon factory drop ship the servo directly. Since I couldn't find any discounted prices (it's $750 everywhere), I was able to support Van's and avoid local taxes. With Dynon factory only 30 miles down the road from here, I got my servo within just a couple of days!

Minor discount at $738 (1.6% discount) from Spruce, in stock, and presently free shipping because it's over $500.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/avpages/dynonskyview.php

In my case, it's quicker than shipping from OR...:)

see if Spruce can sell them from their west coast store to you. I have done that with Pacific / Gulf coast Aero

Dynon Servos

Hi All
''Minor discount at $738 (1.6% discount) from Spruce,''

I got a quote from Stein and it was a little less than that. My -4 being in storage for the winter, it will be the first thing in ..in the spring...can't wait.( only 4 1/2 months to go )

Bruno
[email protected]

Back