What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Exhaust Identification

SMO

Well Known Member
Friend
I am not sure where this exhaust was made - I got it as part of salvage from a Rocket. Seems there is a ball joint but the flanges are missing. Anyone know where I can get the mechanism to join this up? Can anyone identify the manufacturer?

Exhaust%201.jpg

Exhaust%202.jpg

Exhaust%203.jpg

Vetterman?

Looks like the same type of joint that Larry Vetterman uses. The easiest way to re-join the pipes is to cut out the joint and weld another in that has not been separated - I have never been able to force the two back together. I suspect that it would be best to find the original manufactuer (ar at least a very competent welder) so that it can be welded in a jig - the angles are often critical.

Pete

Yup, this looks very much like a Vetterman system on which the spherical joint has been forcibly separated. My advice would be to send it to him to repair.

Thanks, Bob K.

Thanks

Thanks guys, I emailed to Vettermans with pics and got a response - the ball joint is not repairable as is, but a new ball joint can be purchased and rewelded on at a very good price. Stuff is packed ready to ship out.

Back