What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Formation Clinic - Few slots available.

ronschreck

Well Known Member
We have six slots available for the NC Formation Clinic. I'm going to cut off registration at 40. If you are interested in expanding your flying skills and having a rewarding weekend with some of the best pilots in the business, sign up HERE.

Once you join the group, go to the DATABASE page and fill in the appropriate information.

Guarantee: If you don't find that formation flying is the most challenging, rewarding and fun flying you have ever done I'll give you back the money we charge for instruction. All $0.00 of it! :D

Formation Clinic

Ron,

I would love to fly over from Texas and participate but I have an RV12 and can't get the Brownwood group to do it unless I come up with 2 or 3 more "slow" RV12's. I ave 115kts and of course can fly 120. I had an RV6 flying formation off my wing just last night and said the speed was fine...in fact it was his normal manuevering speed so he says. Anyway, if you know of any RV12's that want to participate, let me know.

Thanks

Ron,

I would love to fly over from Texas and participate but I have an RV12 and can't get the Brownwood group to do it unless I come up with 2 or 3 more "slow" RV12's. I ave 115kts and of course can fly 120. I had an RV6 flying formation off my wing just last night and said the speed was fine...in fact it was his normal manuevering speed so he says. Anyway, if you know of any RV12's that want to participate, let me know.

Thanks

You heard the man! Any more RV12 pilots out there that want to commit formation? I know you can formate with dissimilar airplanes, but it's not a good idea to mix types when learning the basics. I really don't want to mix 12's with the other RV's at the clinic but I hear it just takes two to make a formation. I was hoping to get a flight of 4, but two will do. Any takers?

Formation Clinic

Ron,

Thanks for your encouragement. Think I'll wait until another one pops up here closer to home since Larry and I would only make a two-ship. I agree, a four-ship is the way to go. I know Larry well enough to know he will join up whatever we can work out. I know you work quite a bit with this type of training...if you happen to run across two more 12's that sound interested, please let us know, wherever you end up. Both Larry and I have been to Sun/Fun, OSH and other places with the 12 so we are comfortable traveling in them. Thanks again

Calling all RV-12 pilots

Ron,

Thanks for your encouragement. Think I'll wait until another one pops up here closer to home since Larry and I would only make a two-ship. I agree, a four-ship is the way to go. I know Larry well enough to know he will join up whatever we can work out. I know you work quite a bit with this type of training...if you happen to run across two more 12's that sound interested, please let us know, wherever you end up. Both Larry and I have been to Sun/Fun, OSH and other places with the 12 so we are comfortable traveling in them. Thanks again

Pete,

We still have a month before the clinic. If we can entice two more -12 pilots to attend would you and Larry make the trip? This could be the start of something big!

We have six slots available for the NC Formation Clinic. I'm going to cut off registration at 40. If you are interested in expanding your flying skills and having a rewarding weekend with some of the best pilots in the business, sign up HERE.

I'd really like to attend but I don't have dual controls in my -8.

formation gorund schooler.

What is the policy on someone coming to the formation clinic just to learn, even though I don't have my plane done yet. I will go through the school when i get my plane done but, i think it would be interesting to see what it is like and get the basics??

How much of it is on the ground and in the air?? 50/50?? 70/30??

What is the policy on someone coming to the formation clinic just to learn, even though I don't have my plane done yet. I will go through the school when i get my plane done but, i think it would be interesting to see what it is like and get the basics??

How much of it is on the ground and in the air?? 50/50?? 70/30??

We start the clinic off with about three hours of ground school on Friday night. Saturday and Sunday is all flying, but you would be able to ride in the right/back seat with an experienced pilot all day. I think you would learn a LOT. Please join the Yahoo Group for more information. If you like what you see I urge you to sign up.

Weather gods are smiling on us!

I just got a look at the forecast for the formation clinic weekend (Nov 12-14): Clear skies and temperatures in the upper 60's. We have just a few slots available, so there is still a chance to sign up.

If you have ever wondered what formation flying is all about, this is your chance to find out. Training is structured to your abilities, from beginner to advanced. Beginners start by observing from the right or back seat with an exprienced formation instructor in command. Then we put that instructor in your airplane. Once you feel comfortable and we are satisfied that you can safely fly in close proximity to other aircraft we will clear you for solo flight, still under the watchful eye of an experienced flight leader.

Come join the fun!

Back