What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Headed to Naples....ideas to visit

BlackRV7

Well Known Member
We are headed to Naples, FL this Thursday. Hopefully we will be landing noonish on Thursday and headed back out on Tuesday. Care to share some ideas of what to see, where to eat, what to do. We will have a car.

Thanks gang,

Walk along the beach. Their downtown area has changed a lot recently so I don't know which restaurants are still there. Bargain golf prices though if you play. You could head over to Marco Island or the Everglades. I used to go there 4-5 times a year but I haven't been back in three years. It is really dead this time of year. Nice beaches though. Sorry I can't help. Try not to buy a house since that area has been killed price wise! Steals everywhere.

Favorites in Naples

There are many good restaurants in Naples. My favorite is Naples Tomato (Italian), which is to the north on Highway 41. We also enjoy Lurcat, downtown on 5th Avenue. We enjoy lunch outdoors at the Tommy Bahama restaurant on Third Street, south of downtown. Fifth Avenue and Third Street are the main shopping areas in Naples.

There are small parking areas for the downtown beach where each of the Avenues run in to the Gulf. Vanderbilt beach, to the North, has a county parking ramp at the south end, and parking at Delnor-Wiggins State Park at the north end.

If you enjoy nature, the Corkscrew Swamp Audubon Sanctuary northeast of Naples is worth some time.

Hope you enjoy your time in Naples.

Best, John

Everglades City

X01 is an intersting side trip. Short hop from there and great seafood.

Check with the FBO to contact the local restaurants. Most provide a free ride if you're there for lunch. If I remember correctly, bikes are $5 if you like to explore.

The best attraction in Naples

Hi Dana,

My parents live in Naples, if you want, stop by and say hello. They're the best attraction in Naples I can think of and the food is amaziing. :D

When my wife and I visit we like to go to the beach, walk around downtown Naples, and walk on the pier. We also like to drive along the gulf and look at the houses/gardens. If you have time take an airboat ride and look for alligators.

Have a safe trip!

Regards,

Carlos Fernandez

wx

I know you'll be checking the weather before your flight and all but here's another data point for you:
The 6 o'clock TV weather guy just said "a months' worth of rain will fall on us Tuesday through Saturday with a break on Thursday." There's a rainmaker weather system parked south of Cuba influencing FL wx all week.
My signature says Utah but I've been working in Vero Beach FL since March.

I know you'll be checking the weather before your flight and all but here's another data point for you:
The 6 o'clock TV weather guy just said "a months' worth of rain will fall on us Tuesday through Saturday with a break on Thursday." There's a rainmaker weather system parked south of Cuba influencing FL wx all week.
My signature says Utah but I've been working in Vero Beach FL since March.

Hey, thanks for the update. Yep, we've been watching that depression. We think we can sneak in on the backside to enjoy a couple of days of sun and tennis to end our trip. We have access to a nice condo on 7th Ave. south, so if all else fails, we can survive on crustaceans around the bay, until the weather breaks:D:D

MICHELBOB'S!!!! If you like BBQ it's a must. Take a friend and get the feast for two. Or eat it yourself.

Back