What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Evelyn Bryan Johnson

Brantel

Well Known Member
Any of you all know, flew with, took training under, got a flight test etc. from Evelyn Bryan Johnson?

She was my instructor for may years and I was just wondering if any other RV fans have known her?

She does not fly now due to a hurt leg and lost medical but she has more flight hours than anyone alive today.

It would be nice to hear from some fellow students of hers that are interested in RV's.

Thanks

Yes! I received my PPL from her at MOR back in 1998. She didn't hear a lick of what I was saying during my oral/practical and I think she actually fell asleep during my T/G's. You don't see many (at the time), late 80'ish old examiners wearing Oakley Eye Jackets and can fly..fly..fly that plane. :cool:

She is a jewel and last I heard still flies to some extent - although she has to be wheeled out to the airplane. I think her numbers are 50,000+ hours, many, many thousands of pilot ratings including Senator Baker's, a FAA higher up in Nashville (who by the way was her student - and now her boss) and me, of course.

I did my PPL at MOR just to get her signature in my logbook. It's my own little piece of history.

See ya.

Joe Esteban, Chattanooga, TN
HRII - "Planning Stages"

Back