What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Great GRT Customer Service

h&jeuropa

Well Known Member
Thank you to GRT for great customer service!

After completing our Condition Inspection, the fuel flow on our EIS stopped working. Carlos offered to bench test our EIS and called the next day at 8:30 am to tell us it tested fine. We chose to take the FloScan sensors to GRT and figure out the problem.

Tim determined that the inlet FloScan was defective (impeller did not turn). GRT no longer supplies FloScan sensors but Sandy was willing to sell us the only new FloScan they have (they were keeping it to use as a test unit). Greg was surprised to see a failed FloScan and wanted to examine it. He and Tim found a piece of dirt in the sensor and dislodged it. After that it checked fine.

We had also been trying to fix an intermittent EGT problem. We took the suspect probe to GRT and Tim found no problems with it. Greg explained that the probes are grounded and how that makes checking for problems easy. On reinstallation using this knowledge, we found a grounding problem where the probe attaches to the exhaust. Cleaned the fitting and now our EGT works properly!

All in all, Carlos, Tim & Greg spent half the afternoon with us troubleshooting and verifying the operation of our EIS. The problems were all related to our installation. There was no charge for their time or expertise. And this EIS is over two years old!

Jim & Heather
Europa N241BW

GRT service has been absolutely best.

Interesting you had an issue with your FloScan, I end up replacing mine with the GRT new one they supply, Red Cube and it is far superior transducer both in quality and accuracy. Sandy was great in accommodating and supportive in sending the transducer quickly and I am glad I replaced it, even though the FloScan was working.

Agree, GRT service is the best

I've needed assistance a couple of times over the past few years. In each instance the service was first rate: fast, courteous, and expert. Carlos has an uncanny ability to discern what the service issue is, diagnose the problem, assess the technical sophistication of the caller (in my case, minimal), and a describe the "fix" in a manner that can be understood (by an idiot).

I may build a -10. If I do, I would stay with GRT products in part because of the quality of service I've received from them.

Ed

Back