What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hard line between fuel servo and spider?

Lars

Well Known Member
Sponsor
I have a vertical draft Superior IO-360 with P/A injection. I've been pondering how to route the fuel line from servo to spider. Superior supplied the engine with a nice firesleeved hose that will probably work, but it's going to take some creative routing and clamping to make it work well and keep it safely away from the exhaust, control cables, etc. while running it from the port on the back of the servo up to the left-side mounted spider.

Over the weekend I made up the stainless steel hard line to go from the prop governor to the front of the engine. It took some time, but it came out nicely. I made a practice line out of versatube to get the bends right before committing to the stainless. After that experience, it occurred to me that it would be at least as easy to make a hard line for the above-described fuel run and lose the hose altogether. Obviously I'd firesleeve it to protect against heating. Is there any reason, technical or regulatory, why I shouldn't do this?

Thanks!

Back