What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FYI: Sedona Airport Restaurant...

I tried to make it there a few Wednesdays ago for its last day of operation. Somebody posted recently that it was only closed for remodeling so not sure if it will reopen again or reopen again with a different owner?

Heres the answer

SedonaAirportRestaurant%5B1%5D.jpg

'Ground Breaking' for new Sedona Airport Restaurant on June 16, 2010

http://www.sedona.biz/ground-breaking-sedona-airport-restaurant061610.php

Last edited:
Thanks for the input

Aside from the the beauty of the place, the convenience of the walk to restaurant and motel were great for us on our trips between Arkansas and California. The food and facilities were a cut above the airport breakfast/hamburger cafe and across the highway motel at Prescott which is another RON location we have used. I will keep an open mind but I too sense the end of an era. Oh well, time marches on.

Bob Axsom

"The current airport restaurant operators, Bob and Debbie Calia have successfully operated the restaurant for 16 years in a location that has been a dining establishment for over 30 years. The building is an old house-like structure with numerous add-ons and is viewed to have outlived its functional and environmental life." What the heck does "outlived its functional and environmental life" mean? Common sense must have got caught in your vortex (I got the joke :D)

Any way it was one of my favorite destinations also. A nice quick getaway for me and the "boss". Hopefully the hotel has not outlived its environmental life :rolleyes: I somehow doubt the new glass and steal will be as warm and inviting as the old "house like structure". Yep the end of an era.

We always ate outside on the patio. Gave us the best view to watch other RVs landing and enjoy the cool air after coming from hot Phoenix. Hope the new restaurant has a patio section in the building plans.

From the press release:

"The 3,000 square foot building includes expansive glass viewing windows and a large outdoor dining terrace overlooking airport operations and red rock views."

John Clark ATP, CFI
FAA FAAST Team Member
EAA Flight Advisor
RV8 N18U "Sunshine"
KSBA

Questions

I was there on the last day of operation. At that time they said it "may" reopen with new operators while the new one is built.

Apparently it didn't.

Back