What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NW RV Fly In report

JoeBlank

Well Known Member
The NW RV Fly In was again marred by inclement weather which made it difficult for some folks to get there. I'm guessing we had around 50 RV's show up despite the upper level low that plagued the area. Most traffic from up north (Puget Sound area) was stuck on the ground on 400-500' ceilings for most of the day. At least one aircraft was able to file IFR did make it down from Pierce County (KPLU).

We were able to still serve 145 folks BBQ lunch, and several vendor booths sprouted up during the fly in.

Despite the weather gods best attempt to foil us, we were able to brief and fly a very nice 10-ship formation. This years 10-ship participants were: Wendell 'Runaway' Folz, Steve 'Noname' Payne, Mike 'Easy' Wilson, Len 'Nel' Kaufman, Pete 'RT' Forsyth, Jon 'JJ' Friedeman, Ken 'KK' Kreuger, John 'JB' Brick, Dan 'Lava' Miller, and Joe 'Shadey' Blank.

Below are a couple of shots, one from Leads aircraft, and the other onboard shot by 'Girlcam' photographer Amy Kreuger. Amy is Ken Kreuger's (Van's Chief Engineer) daughter.

37282136254163056880100.jpg

0619001220a.jpg

If anyone else has pics from the Fly In, feel free to post on this thread.

Last edited:
What airport was this at, Joe? Looks like the weather crapped out but I would have tried to come down otherwise. I guess I missed the post announcing the event!

More picts

Here are my picts from the ground.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12245463@N04/sets/72157624220141243/

The first is my new (to me) RV7 about to touch down at its new home, flown in to the fly-in by my friend who helped me pick it up in Michigan and fly it back to Portland. The rest are of the formation team -- please pardon the spots caused by a camera that needs to be professionally cleaned!

I'm happy to be taking over the NW Fly-in host hanger from Don Wentz (of Duckworks lighting fame).

Looking good!

Joe,

Nice formation. I wish I could have been there. It is always a good time.

Back