What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Orlando Area Hangars

jartlip

Well Known Member
I was wondering if there were any hangars for rent in the Orlando area. I am looking to move to Orlando (probably near UCF) in the fall, and wondered what the options were for hangars and how much they go for. I have an RV8 and would only need a T hangar or share space with somebody.

Thanks.

Orlando hangars

Most of the RV group from Orlando keep our planes at the Southeast Ramp in Sanford. That is in part because of the difficulty, I think, of flying off your test hours in the population dense area around the Orlando executive airport.

Some of the guys keep their RV's in Kissimmee which is just south of here. If you will be living in the UCF area, Sanford will be closer to you. I complication with Sanford has recently arisen due to it becoming a class C airspace. I am still building, and I have a hangar at Sanford. I think I may move to Orlando Exec which is a mile from my house, after I fly off my test hours.

When you move to O town, you should hook up with us RV guys here. Several of us are members of the Sanford EAA chapter which meets at the SE ramp where we keep our planes (or plane parts in my case).

There are also a number of grass strips around Orlando, among those is Bob White field where I keep my Taylorcraft L2. They have hangers, but there is a waiting list.

I hope this helps. I look forward to meeting you when you get to Orlando. Let me know if you need any other info.

Back