What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mammoth Lakes temp hangar ?

bcary

I'll be flying my RV6 out to Mammoth Lakes July 4 and wondering if there could be a hangar to borrow or rent for the week to keep out of the weather?

I haven't flown into Mammoth for a couple of years but I had no landing fee, tie-down fee was a bit high bur reasonable (maybe 15 per night, and the self-serve fuel was only a little above the region's average. May have changed, tho. I found the FBO folks real nice.

Call the FBO for landing fees about 4 months ago. They were high for a twin. I cancelled a trip because of the fees. They will waive the landing fee if you buy a ridiculous amount of fuel. Enough to fill about 4 RVs. At the time fuel was over $6/gallon.

Last edited:
The FBO at Mammoth is Hot Creek Aviation (hotcreekaviation.com), and according to the "fee schedule" on their website the landing fee for Part 91 light single-engine aircraft (up to 4 place) is $15. They waive the fee if you purchase 15 gallons of fuel. This doesn't seem too bad to me. According to Airnav their price for 100LL is $5.47 per gallon, which is about $1 more than nearby Bishop...higher but not unreasonable in my opinion. Tie-down fee is $10 per night if you buy the 15 gallon minimum. If there are additional fees they are not disclosed on their website. FYI...

Last edited:
Back