What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody near South Jersey?

tkatc

Well Known Member
Air Traffic Controller by profession, low time pilot. I was looking into buying my first aircraft a couple of years ago when I had my accident. An off airport landing in the woods. Let's just say pilot error and leave it at that.

That took the wind out of my sails and I stopped flying for awhile. I have recently completed my flight review and look forward to practicing my limited skillset once again. I am also looking at aircraft ownership and cannot justify any other aircraft other than an RV. I have no interest in building the aircraft but I do enjoy learning more and more about it. I am a hands on type of guy and that is the reason for this post. I want to visit somebody's RV, built or unbuilt. I will lend a hand if I can, wash it, wax it, whatever....I just want to be around or IN an RV. I am based out of 17N and I am looking for RVers close by. Anybody???

RV's KMJX

I have a 8A and there is a 9A and a 7A on the field.
I'll be at my hangar #26 on Saturday, come on over.

I have a 8A and there is a 9A and a 7A on the field.
I'll be at my hangar #26 on Saturday, come on over.

Hi Hugh,

I am visiting somebody in Brick Township on Saturday morning can I come over? What time do you plan to be there and for how long?

hwaller...thanks for the offer. I am working Atlantic City Approach/Tower until 4pm...MJX is about an hour drive from work. So if you were going to be around at 5, I would definately make the trip. Please don't feel obligated to adjust your schedule...I will make it up there one day SOON!!!

Email is [email protected]

Hangar #26

Visited Hangar 26 today. Very motivational. Saw beautiful bird very well built and maintained. Hugh was doing condition inspection at the moment and I had opportunity to ask right questions.

Thank you Sir very much for your time,

DSC_0011.jpg

Went to visit Hugh today. Was a bit rushed by approaching weather but it was well worth the trip. The above picture does not do his plane justice. Very nice looking craft. Was able to meet his RV neighbor, Bill with an RV9A. Also very nice. I wish I had thier patience to build, not just because it requires it but because I would just want to fly the snot out of one of these beauties.

Who else is up for a visit? I am finding the RV community a very friendly bunch.

Last edited:
The above picture does not do his plane justice. Very nice looking craft. Was able to meet his RV neighbor, Bill with an RV9A. Also very nice.

Wholeheartedly agree. That 8A looks like a shiny toy.

Last year I saw Bill with his RV-9A at Sky Manor Fly In. He has bunch of mods.

BillSutton-1.jpg

By the way did you see this bird? She was parked outside during my visit and nobody was by her.

RV7AatKMJX.jpg

Looks like we know all MJX RVs:)

Hey Vlad....I did see the yellow 7 tucked away in her hangar as I taxied in but with weather approaching I was chased out of MJX a bit prematurely and did not get to visit it up close. I am blown away at the thought that these guys built these airplanes in the garage or basement so much that I start to forget about all the questions I had thought about prior to the visit. Ha ha

Hey Tony,
It's not that hard to build. Parts are coming in boxes you just assemble them:) it's like Lego... What you need is a little bit of planning and lots of discipline. Much easier than earning a pilot certificate. If I can do it anybody can. Where are you based btw?

Edited: read your previous post 17N

Last edited:
Vlad...how long have you been building? Do the kits come with step by step instructions? it can't be that easy.

yup it can ;-)

They really are pretty easy to build. The hardest part is finding the time, or at least that's my challenge. I cruised through the first two years at quite a good clip, then life intervened and progress slowed considerably.

One of these days I need to get up to bayonne and check out your project, Vlad. I'm not too far away (unless you count "rush hour" traffic!! :eek: ), I live in New Brunswick (near Rutgers).

Vlad...how long have you been building? Do the kits come with step by step instructions? it can't be that easy.

Tony I started pounding the emp in 2006 in a small studio in Brooklyn. Project grew and I moved to NJ with it. It wasn't easy you are right but not that hard either. Four years flipped and now I have airport-ready aircraft,day VFR all steam, everything brand new. It's seventy and a change, new engine full leather interior. Well worth it I could never afford to buy one and I enjoyed the build. Next two things I need is a hangar and some serious training.

One of these days I need to get up to bayonne and check out your project, Vlad. I'm not too far away (unless you count "rush hour" traffic!! :eek: ), I live in New Brunswick (near Rutgers).

Travis welcome anytime. I was researching what to build and how for two years before I bought my first subkit. All funds came from paycheck.

Back