What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power Customer Care

FlyingArcher

Well Known Member
I just wanted to publish a big thank you to Marc Ausman from Vertical Power and let you fellow RVers know how well he takes care of his customers.

In early January, after a long hesitation between VP-50 and VP-100 models, I finally decided to order a VP-50 and its wiring harness. I was really tempted by the VP-100, but the price difference was quite big and for my day-VFR RV-9A was not really worth it.
I received the unit by the end of January and after inspecting it carefully stored it because I was not going to use it immediately, but I like to be ahead on my project and the dollar/Euro rate was nice at that time.
Then Vertical Power announced the release of the new VP-X control unit that offers almost the same switching features as the VP-100, but because it's driven by your EFIS it costs much less.
So here I am sending an email to Marc to express my frustration and to my surprise he simply replied: send it back, we'll exchange it if you prefer a VP-X and you'll only pay the delta :D
He didn't charge any restocking fee for the VP-50 and even offered the shipping cost for the VP-X.
I can tell you that I'm not used to that kind of business practices from French dealers of anything :( so I really wanted to share this amazing (to me) experience.
Two thumbs up Marc and Vertical Power

Marc, Jake, and the rest of the VP team always provide outstanding support. I first met Marc and his team at a BBQ at a fellow builder's home almost four years ago. At the time I was very skeptical of the VP-200 and the new company that brought it to market.

It's now four years later and I'm installing a VP-200 in my RV-10. I've spent many hours talking to Marc on the phone to discuss some non-standard implementation issues. Marc has always been responsive to my questions over the years, which is one of the primary reasons I chose Vertical Power.

Ditto. 235 hours on my airplane now and I love my VP-200 with the VP Climate Control System. Support from Marc and all of the team at Vertical Power has been exceptional. Installing the VP-200 is one of the best decisions I made on my airplane.

I agree that Vertical Power is first rate. Many argue that their system is expensive but in the end I am quite happy with putting the VP-200 in mt RV-10. Marc spent a fair amount of time helping me with the planning as well as always seems to be available when I call. I recently went through sending back none used harnesses for a replacement harnesses to a company and was shocked I only received 50% credit on it, never an issue with VP and Dynon.
Yes, Vertical Power may be expensive but it is very much worth every cent!
Thanks for posting your thoughts

Thanks all.

We recently introduced the VP-X which is $1800 and the VP-50 is $1500 so we are working to provide products for all budgets. :D

Back