What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Palmetto Air Plantation

I know the owner/developer...

Joe Witt is the owner/developer there. He has an amazing story. Be sure to ask him about it. Super nice guy as well. You might say he's "all about flying". I met him back in 2003 as best as I can remember. I was new to flying - less than 100 hours - and was headed from LZU over to AGS for the airshow they were having but the weather was dog squeeze at AGS so I landed at Aiken SC instead. Joe was in his 182 and got caught up in the same weather mess, so he rented a car and offered both my friend and I a ride to and from the show. Even bought us lunch on the way in! He was there promoting his new airpark at the time. I've kept intouch with Joe over the years and have made many trips out to see him.

I'm not sure if any RV's are based there, but what I can comment on is the facility. Its a great place. Last time I was out there, the runway was very smooth with no real obstructions on either approach...of course when there's something close to 3,700 feet of runway to work with.... ;) There is a nice small lake that Joe was talking about stocking for some fishing, a common area for get-togethers and such, and there is a fuel farm for residents. Last time I spoke with Joe there were a bunch of airplane projects going on including a restoration of a T-6. Joe usually host atleast one fly-in a year that always draws a big crowd. I had intended on making the last one to show him the RV, but schedules just didn't work out.

If your in the market for an airpark, give this one a look. I know that we'll give it a look when we get ready for it ourselves.

A friend of mine is a banker..

...who finances lots there. He also has a T-6 and visits here occasionally and always invites fliers to Palmetto.

Best,

Any new information to be had?

The original post is around 4 years old. Is there anything new that someone may have discovered? I am interested in a lot in the development that is up for resale. How is South Carolina concerning cost of living, taxes, utilities? This last winter took its toll on me and I am looking at maybe going south a little further. PM me what you might know.

The original post is around 4 years old. Is there anything new that someone may have discovered? I am interested in a lot in the development that is up for resale. How is South Carolina concerning cost of living, taxes, utilities? This last winter took its toll on me and I am looking at maybe going south a little further. PM me what you might know.

Sent you a PM.

Back