What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WOW! North Florida!

RobLyman

Great timing! My tail kit is arriving in Orange Park (Jacksonville) in the next week or so. I bought the kit, unstarted, from MustangBob.

welcome

Welcome: Glad to hear there's another new builder in North Florida. What model 6,7,8,9,10? take care, Jack

Missing Jax

I moved to Austin from Jax 11 months ago for work. I started building my 7A a few months later. I miss Jax, but Austin has a lot of RV builders around here, so it's good place to build. But I gotta say, Jax has much better GA facilities! Now I've gotta finish the plane before I can move back.

On a whim I decided to check out hangar availability at Herlong. Waiting list is 1 - 2 years and $214 to $290 a month. Yikes. I think I'll check again after I finish the tail. Then I might have a better idea how much lead time is best for me. I'll also check out the hangar size and see if pairing up with someone is feasible. After all, an RV-6 isn't too big.

t $300 a month maybe installing floats and launching it at the boat ramp across the street is a better idea. :D0FL8

Will you guys in Baja Georgia let a cracker join you? I'm slowly working on a RV-7A QB, and frequently would like to actually look at a RV.

Jim Pleasants
Saint Simons Island

North Florida RVers

Well I'm glad to see you guys are using this.

I'm in Panama City Beach. We have several RVs here. Two 8's, three 6As, one 9 and two or maybe three 7/7As that I know of.

I'm working on the finish kit for my 7A. Hanging engine, starting the wiring and installing avionics.

Please pass the word around about this regional forum.

We can post when we will be at Sun 'N Fun and maybe get together for a soda pop or something.

Danny

Hi ! North Floridians
Greetiigs from Cannon Creek Airpark's EAA Chapter 977.
We are blessed with 3 RV6A's,1 RV4,4 RV8's and one RV6A rebuild (mine).
We have two runways 36/18 is blacktop and 9/27 is grass and a Cafe that is open mon to sat. Would love to have some visitors.
SOOO if you'r ever in the area or lookin for a flyin breakfast/lunch come pay us a visit
Bob

Rob, I live in Orange Park also and fly an RV-4 and my "wingman," Pat Lee, has an RV-7. We fly out of Haller Air Park (7FL4), 6 miles south of Green Cove Springs. Our EAA chapter also meets in the Ready Room in our hanger, so feel free to join us on the first Sat. of each mo. at 1000. You can check out our EAA website at eaa1379.org.

I have another friend in OP who is building an RV-8, Roy Lewis. He just got hanger space at Keystone Heights, so that may be an option for you.

Dave Dollarhide
[email protected]
82050010cq.jpg

Moving to FL

I will say hello from PA but hope to be moving to Cannon Creek next year. Bought a lot there 2 years ago. Just got my 6A flying and have to work off 40hrs before I can get down there. I will be at Sun&Fun but we are driving this year. Maybe a get together for lunch would be a good way to start the week ? I would be interested in meeting some folks from the area.

Dave,

I may take you up on the invite to the meeting. I'll put the next one on my calendar.

Oh, BTW, the tail kit arrived Monday. I'm shopping for tools now. :)

Edit: Looks like I won't make it his Saturday (3/4/2006). I have a new student starting this weekend.

Last edited:
Back