What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

May 22 - 3rd Annual Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV Gathering

Jim Lewellyn

Well Known Member
Mark your calendars for May 22, for our 3rd Annual Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV gathering. If Saturday May 22 is a rain out, we will re-schedule for May 23. I will post here on VAF, and on the Bloomsburg Airport web page - www.bloomsburgairport.com if the weather becomes nasty.

The past 2 years we have held a 2 day event. The original idea for a 2 day event was for everyone to fly in and camp for the night. That turned out to not be very popular, mainly because our airport lacks the facilities for camping (Showers!). So for that reason, this year we are going to try a one day event.

I will post the finalized event details once everything is confirmed.

Thanks to everyone that attended the last couple of years, and we look forward to seeing you again this year!

Fly-In Update

The 3rd annual Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV gathering will begin at 8am Saturday May 22, 2010. Come and enjoy the friends, food, and fellowship.

There will be a made to order breakfast beginning at 8:30am - Eggs, Breakfast Sandwiches, Pancakes, etc. Lunch will also be available - Hamburg’s, Hot Dogs, Cheese Steaks, etc.

If the weather is bad Saturday May 22, we will postpone the event until May 23, 2010. Please check here on VAF or at www.bloomsburgairport.com if the weather looks questionable, and we will post an update.

Hope to see you all there!

I am coming either day is good with me. I am driving this year.

drivingtobloomsburg.jpg

Will drive this toy car not the beer truck above :D

drivingtobloomsburg1-1.jpg

Drive or fly or walk or....

...come any way ya can!

Kirk - Sorry to hear that. I wish things were moving a bit quicker at ECI for you.

Vlady - If you decide to fly the spam can in again this year, I promise we won't park you out in left field this time! All the parking will be on the black top this year.

May 22 - Bloomsburg, PA (N13) RV Gathering

Just a reminder that this Saturday is the 3rd annual Bloomsburg PA RV get together. Hope to see you there!

I plan on driving there. I would like to check out the RV-7's and hopefully RV-9's as a prospective builder some day I'd like to see them up close!

Jeff Tice

Drive or Fly

Thanks Jeff,

I am looking forward to meeting you. Please introduce yourself to me. I will be the ugly half bald guy wearing the VAF hat :D.

What a peaceful place

The event was great. Because of weather there were not too many attendees but it was a success anyway. Thank you Jim and guys who helped to make it happen. I met couple old friends and got several new ones. Got my first ride in an aerobatic aircraft. In legendary Jim's 6 to be exact. Picture courtesy of Gregg Swartley.

RidewithJim.jpg

A brief write-up with pictures will follow in 2009 thread.

Legend?

I always thought that you had to be very old, or very dead to be a legend :).

Thanks for coming Vlad, and everyone else that braved the weather to get there. I hope everyone enjoyed the day as much as I did. It was very nice to spend some time talking with each of you.

My goal when we started this yearly get together was to meet new friends and help provide a venue for anyone interested in RV's. I am very happy to say that the original goal has been greatly exceeded. Every year I have made new friends in the RV community. It has been an absolute honor to meet each of you, and form new friendships. Thank you all for being a part.

Any word on a 4th Annual RV Gathering? It's getting close to that time of year (from what I have read in the past it's usually May"ish"). I'd love to meet some more local builders/pilots! I just wanted to know if there is a date set so I can try to get off work...

Bloomsburg RV Gathering

Any word on a 4th Annual RV Gathering? It's getting close to that time of year (from what I have read in the past it's usually May"ish"). I'd love to meet some more local builders/pilots! I just wanted to know if there is a date set so I can try to get off work...

Thanks for asking. As some of you may know, I am self-employed. Thankfully, this year has been very busy for me. As a result, I just do not have the time this year to plan the event.

I have thoroughly enjoyed holding this get together, and meeting many new RV friends. We WILL have another event, but unfortunately it just isn?t going to happen this spring.

There is something cooking at N57 on May 14th http://www.eaa240.org/ come warm yourself up before Bloomsburg :).

Thanks for the info Vlad! I might be in Pittsburgh for a training seminar that weekend (booo work) but if not, I'll definitely be there! I actually was thinking about joining EAA240 since the local one here in Lancaster isn't very active in actual EXPERIEMENTAL aviation/building...

Thanks for asking. As some of you may know, I am self-employed. Thankfully, this year has been very busy for me. As a result, I just do not have the time this year to plan the event.

I have thoroughly enjoyed holding this get together, and meeting many new RV friends. We WILL have another event, but unfortunately it just isn?t going to happen this spring.

Jim- I'm glad business is booming! Keep us updated if you are able to arrange something in the future. Sounds like people had a really good time in the past!

Back