What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF Member is competing at KLBT Aerobatics

mv031161

Well Known Member
IAC19 will have the 2010 Carolina Boggey Aerobatic competition this coming April 30th and May 1st at the Lumberton KLBT airport in NC.

VAF Ron "Smokey" Schreck and his RV8 will be competing in the Sporstman Category in his RV8. Let's all wish him luck against all those dedicated acro rides he will be competing against.

Ron was critiqued and trained well this past Tuesday by IAC Hall of Fame and Spin Doctor Mr. Bill Finagin in preparation for the competition and he excelled.
If we can only slow down the RV8 a little........That thing is fast!!!!!

Acro Box will be active at KBLT throught the week for practice and competition. However the airport will remain open for those arriving and or stoping by

If you are competing in your RV, please post!

Last edited:
"BLT" is a sandwich!

IAC19 will have the 2010 Carolina Boggey Aerobatic competition this coming April 30th and May 1st at the Lumberton KBLT airport in NC.

Hey Mitch,

You need to go to "LBT" for the competition. Don't get lost and I'll see you there. :D

NPRM

Done and Ill take it.

Kahuna....did you get my email in regards to the NPRM I need help from your group? May 3rd is the last day you can comment...

Are you coming to LBT? Smokey can use all the moral support he can get....

Dont forget to stop by and support your own VAF member...He will have a full plate against all those other acro rides! On my way out to KLBT

Results

Well....Ron "smokey" Schreck went to KLBT and kicked some behind! Competition was fearced and winds aloft were brutal! that RV8 looked just perfect among the other Acro Stallions.

He came 4th among 10 very experienced flyers in the Sportsman class. 1st 3 places were Pitts and VAF Eric Sandifer was the top gun in the class. congrats to Eric!!!

Ron's RV8 placed well among all competitors which included Extra 300's Pitts S1, S2's, One Design and Super Decathlons. He got a special award for best new comer in the Sportsman Category.

IAC president Doug Bartlet was equally impressed with Ron's performance and the aircraft capabilities as well and encouraged Ron to keep participating and show the world what the RV can do if used in aerobatic competition.

if you would like to see what Ron's program, click below.

http://members.iac.org/knowns/knowns2010/Sportsman Known 2010.pdf

Well done Ron!!!!!!

Ron - thanks for coming out and adding some RV visibility to the competition acro world! Nice showing. Wish I could have watched you, but was two slots back and heading to the hold just as you were entering the box both times. Hope you keep it up!

Rest of y'all take note...FI + half Raven + accumulator (or full inverted oil) = honest-to-goodness, genu-WINE acro mount!

Any video of the 8 and one of the 1Ds? I'd like to see how they compare from the judges area...

Any video of the 8 and one of the 1Ds? I'd like to see how they compare from the judges area...

I was a judge recorder during Ron's performance and as far as comparasion between aircraft performance and manuevers they were none......Ron did start his routine at 1,500 agl which was about 500 lower than the rest. ...he got 4th becuase of a very silly mistakes he made during the 2nd routine and it is more procedures before you start than the actual manuever....the differerence between 2, 3 and 4th positions were by less than 3% of accumulative score..

All said and done....Ron could have gone home with the #2 trophy if he had rocked his wings prior to beggining his routine.

Last edited:
Back