What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Fuel Data Scale

Jim P

Well Known Member
For those that have used the GRT EFIS Fuel Data Scale, what's the data entry format for the tables? I can't find any reference to what data (and data format), get's entered in the columns. I'm assuming one is fuel volume in the tank and the other is the Aux Info reading, but I'm not sure.

Setup manual talks about it, but there's no detail on entries. I've never been happy with the bottom end of the float readings on the scales, so I'd like to recal the settings.

Jim

Talked to GRT

I was part of a conversation on this at the SnF booth a couple of days ago.

Greg said that the left column was the input data number that the EFIS was seeing. If you have an EIS, it is the number that the EIS is sending to the EFIS. The right hand column in the "corrected" number that you want the EFIS to show (instead of the erroneous value from the EIS). Apparently, the EFIS does some interpolation between the values you enter, in order to smooth the indications on the screen. The more values you put in at the low end error spot you describe, the better you can match the deviation curve and make the EFIS read correctly.

The EIS display will remain "bad" at the bottom end as it is today.

One method is to totally ignore the EIS as a direct readout of fuel qty and set it up to output 0-1000 from empty to full. Use these to program the EFIS. Gives good granularity.

I have not powered my avionics yet, so I do not have personal practice on this method yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, I was out at the airport today and figured out the same thing one I started playing with the table. It's fairly straight foreward once you start tweaking it, but the manual isn't too informative aroung that topic.

Jim

Back