What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SnF stopover in FL

LR2001

We have a long flight into Sun-n-Fun next week, and would ideally arrive during the airshow (which is not allowed). So we will instead stop for fuel somewhere near KLAL and wait it out until we're allowed to fly in.

Any suggestions for nice fields near KLAL, ideally with fuel and food? We'll probably be there a couple hours. Will be coming in from the North (VA).

Thanks!
Matt

RV-7A (C-GIME)
Ottawa, Canada

place for fuel

Matt;

Bartow airbase (BOW), is just spitting distance from Lakeland. Gas prices there are reasonable and the food is ok. (I eat there) After that it would be a short 10 minute flight to lakeland.

Ocala and Williston both have fuel and restuarants on field.

Hey Mike, how's the -4 coming along? Haven't seen you at the hangar in a dog's age (but then again, you haven't seen me either).

Last edited:
I'll second Bartow. They usually have the cheapest SS fuel in the area ($3.90 right now), have a nice restaurant, AND they have a little P-51 museum inside the new FBO. BOW was, like so many FL airports, a WWII training base; and this one in particular trained P-51 pilots.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone - Bartow sounds perfect. We'll be stopping there on Wednesday.

See you at Sun-n-Fun!

Matt

RV-7A (C-GIME)
Ottawa, Canada

Back