What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hicks Pilots Assn Fly Out Saturday

mrreddick

Well Known Member
February 11th, HAPA members are flying to Lufkin for the Fajita Fly In sponsored by the local EAA Chapter. Anyone is welcome to join in the fun. We're meeting on the ramp at Rio Concho for a 10:30am departure, or you could join up in the air on 122.75.
There should be several of us RV types from Hicks, we'll be the ones way out in front of the spam-canners! :D
Hope you can make it!

Any Details?

Mike,

Any details on the times (start and finish) for the fajita flyin? I might fly up from Houston - first I'd heard of it! I haven't been in to Lufkin since we (NASA) took the place over back in early 2003...would be fun to drop in!

Paul

Lufkin Fajita Fly-In

In response to Paul,

Here's the posting from AOPA Calendar Of Events:
Feb 11 ? Lufkin, TX. Angelina County Airport (KLFK). East Texas Fajita Fly-In. Come experience Lufkin! Newly renovated Downtown area. Free fajita's and reduced fuel prices. . Contact Don Lymbery, 936-635-3144

We've made this trip several times and the food is great! They really put on a nice spread. All the fixins for fajitas, and delicious homemade desserts.

Hope to see you there. I want to check out that new RV! :D

Lufkin Fajitas addition

Forgot to mention the times, as shown in the previous post, they don't mention a time in their posting to AOPA.
We usually plan on arriving by noon. I'm not sure, but I think they serve until 3, unless they run out (I've never seen that happen!). Last February there were over 100 planes and they had plenty of food.
Be sure to bring a blank W&B form so you can recompute before departure. ;)

Back