What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

throttle/mix bracket for Bendix/Precision servo

Scott Will

Well Known Member
Does anyone have any pics for the throttle/mixture bracket and cables for the vertical induction, fuel injected engine? Have a new Aerosport IO-360 with Precision Airmotive fuel servo (vertical induction). The only pics I've seen on guy's websites is for horizontal.

Thanks much in advance.

You need to order P/N va-182PC engine end throttle and mixture cable mounting bracket, and all will work out fine.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are
hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided
responsibly and at you own risk."

Thanks!!

Thanks Mahlon, even if it isn't your engine - that's great support.

I now see it on Van's website... shoulda checked there first! It wasn't in the paper catalog I have.

- Scott

picture you wanted

You have to have a little longer mixture cable; the 45" was too short by 2" approx. Otherwise it works well. You have to figure out your own places for firewall penetration. It's about the same as Van's says for the carb. for the throttle, but much different for the mixture. This is the throttle side.
IMG_2916s.jpg

Mahlon (or others),

Does P/N va-182PC also work for the 8A? Does anyone have pics of the firewall penetrations for this setup? I am using a Superior IO-360, bendix (precision) and would appreciate any information. I already have the throttle and mixture cables supplied by Vans, do I need to replace the mixture cable?

Thanks

The VA 182PC works for any fuel injected vertical induction 320/360/540 engine, in any model RV, as far as I know. It is just relocation the attachment of the throttle and mixture cable to the brace from where they would be for a carb'd engine to where they need to be with a Bendix/Precison Airmotive fuel injection servo.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

mahlon_r said:
The VA 182PC works for any fuel injected vertical induction 320/360/540 engine, in any model RV, as far as I know. It is just relocation the attachment of the throttle and mixture cable to the brace from where they would be for a carb'd engine to where they need to be with a Bendix/Precison Airmotive fuel injection servo.

I think I may have a possible interference problem with that VA-182PC bracket and the Precision servo on the new TMX-IO360 you guys recently sent me. It looks like the hole in the bracket needs to be outboard by another 1/4" to 1/2". The control cable comes extremely close to (almost touches) the side of the servo where the six screws are safetied together.

mixcable1-w.jpg

Have other people had to modify the Vans bracket? Or perhaps I need to order a different mixture arm (with a joggle in it) from Precision?

I realize that this is the servo with the downward-pointing mixture arm which will require the airbox to be modified. I think I'm going to stick with that since swapping to the "correct" servo requires moving the inlet port to the other side of the servo, thus requiring a new hose.

Thanks.
-Geoff

Last edited:
I sent a jogged one back to Superior..

Geoff said:
Have other people had to modify the Vans bracket? Or perhaps I need to order a different mixture arm (with a joggle in it) from Precision?

I realize that this is the servo with the downward-pointing mixture arm which will require the airbox to be modified. I think I'm going to stick with that since swapping to the "correct" servo requires moving the inlet port to the other side of the servo, thus requiring a new hose.

Thanks.
-Geoff
I traded a joggled one for a straight one, thanks to Bill Petersen at Superior. He may be willing to trade it for an appropriate price, but you don't want to know what those little arms cost!

After you install the ball end on the rod and you are attaching it to the arm, install two washers between the ball end and the arm. This will space the control away from the servo. It is not necessary to have a direct straight shot from the bracket to the arm with the control.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Back