What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Red Rocket!

B25Flyer

Well Known Member
Here are a couple ground shots....

Thanks to Keith Campbell at W&C Aircraft in Boone, Iowa for getting it ready and to Rodney Halfpap at Air Spectrum in Quincy, IL for the painting... It looks incredible in real life.

Tailwinds,
Doug Rozendaal
Rocketsmall.jpg

rocketandtrucksmall.jpg

Hey Doug ...

Where is the lipstick???? :)

I remember you telling me about red airplanes, pickups and lipstick on your ramp a few years ago.

James ... Red (and white with gray trim) airplane, no pickup, will take any color lipstick. :)

Doug,
Some colors just look better on airplanes than others, and red is definitely one of those colors!

It looks awesome!

Doug
I wish you had not posted those pictures. I have always been partial to red airplanes, especially rockets, and my primer paint scheme now looks dated and tired. Thanks a lot!

This airplane set a trend when Mark painted it Gray camo..... Maybe it will set another trend..... Hopefully i can get it to OSH so everyone can see it first hand.....

I like it. I personally think some planes couldn't pull off that paint (like my -7A) but boy...that rocket was MADE to be red.

Also, that paint scheme says something important about Rockets and RVs and many airplanes in general - if the airplane already has nice lines, you don't need a bunch of wavy lines and crazy graphics to make it look good! When you look at this airplane your eyes are immediately drawn to the shape of the airfame.

So that's what that term means!

So that's what "......and the ROCKET'S red glare" means in the song "The Star Spangled Banner". I always wondered about that line and now I know!

She's beautiful! :)

well, I'll be....

Hey Doug:

I sure thought that the camo job was about the best.....but I gotta say, the red looks better! Good call!

Are you planning to park on the HB area, or some special warbird pilot area at OSH this year? Best you bring fencing in either case...on second thought, better make it electric fencing at that.:D

Mark

I like it

Especially the accent trim color! Why mess up a good red paint job with some other color.

DSC00232.JPG

It's a beauty, Doug. I'm partial to solid color paint jobs myself and yours is really sweet. Mine gets painted this summer and will be a solid color also, dark blue. Yours, mine and Jim Winings ought to make quite a three plane!

Now if I can just get my back/up alternator going!

Lee...

NICE!

She's a beaut! You know, I once heard that cops like to pull over red cars. Do you think you might get a speeding ticket in that thing? (not the truck;))

Hey Doug:

I sure thought that the camo job was about the best.....but I gotta say, the red looks better! Good call!

Are you planning to park on the HB area, or some special warbird pilot area at OSH this year? Best you bring fencing in either case...on second thought, better make it electric fencing at that.:D

Mark

Maybe that is what is will say on the tail???? I like that..

Doug, Mark: I also thought that camo job was one of the coolest out there...but I'd have to agree, the Red Rocket is awesome!

I'm pretty parital to red too, as you might guess. Well Done!!

And Rocket's Red Glare is a way-cool nickname. :)

Cheers,
Bob

WOW!!!

Simply BEAUTIFUL Doug!!!

I want one big time.

Cheers,

Deal Fair
RV-4 (N34CB)
George West, TX (8T6)

I think Doug Reeves may need to add one of those to his random front page rotation!

Steve,
Tell me about your paint job....what type paint (code) etc....love the wet, shiney look.

Glenn Wilkinson

Paint

The Color is Chevy Victory Red. The color they use on Pickup trucks.

The paint is Dupont Base Clear polyurethane.

The paint shop is Air Spectrum in Quincy Il.

I am happy with everything.

Tailwinds,
Doug R.

BTW, as for the fuel problem, I don't have a clue. I am guessing the flow divider was the culprit. Don Rivera said it had some wear and did some work on it, but he would not say that it was the problem.... 20 hrs later and absolutely no problems... still flying X/C at high altitudes however... Maybe forever.....

Back