What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need some Boston Advice

KirkGrovesRV8

Well Known Member
Hi Guys!
I am going to be making a trip to Boston area this summer (if I ever get my cylinders back from ECI) and was hoping someone could recommend a airport to use. I need to get to Bentley University in Waltham, Mass I was looking at either KBED or Norwood?? Any advice would be very appreciated.
Thanks!

I think I'd go KBED

Bedford is on the "right" side of the major hwy intersections and closer to boot. Have a nice visit!

Bedford is nice...

Fees can be hefty but I fly in there like every two months dropping my nephew and niece off for Boston area universities. You can use Signature or Jet Aviation. Both are about the same price wise, Signature is a "nicer" place to wait. Bus outside the Signature terminal takes you straight to the "T" for access to all of Boston.

KOWD is better in/out of Boston proper (public transport options are much better), but BED is much closer to Waltham, and there's car rental onsite (which you will need, unless you want to ride buses all over trying to get to Bently).

Prepare to pay up at BED.

I personally would use KOWD. I'm based there with a C172 and a LongEz. BED will charge you a landing fee and fuel is even more expensive than OWD. OWD does have car rentals from Flightlevel and the local restaurant has decent food. Waltham is 20 minutes away off of Rt128. If I see you there this summer, I'll beg for a ride around the pattern :)

Back