What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bravo to Wicks Aircraft Supply

blackbeard10

Well Known Member
Ordered some 2"X3"x.250 aluminium angle from Wicks. Somehow they sent 1/8"thick rectangular tube instead. Called about the mistake and they promptly sent the correct piece... no questions, no hassle. Also they said, "just keep the square tube" Can't beat that service.
Mark Wyss
RV4 finishing
Cincinnati

My last plane was a scratch built composite so all the building materials were ordered. I always liked the customer service from Wick's better than AS&S. Five years ago I would only order from Spruce as a very last resort. That being said, Jim Erwin listened to customer complaints and personally fixed the complaint. He has spent a lot of time and effort in their customer service area and I find I am ordering from them most of the time now, getting A1 service and quick shipping. Vans service is great also. They have sent the wrong items I ordered on two occasions and promptly sent out the correct items telling me to keep the wrong items instead of returning them.

My experience with Wicks has been excellent, but ACS&S has been even better.

Jim Irwin has worked me through some problems with online ordering and shipping issues related to their Canadian operations. Equal parts my lack of understanding and their teething pains.

It's now working smoothly, and I will give ACS 100% of my business if they stock the items I need. It's all about customer service and I think ACS has a winning strategy.

Canada is an excellent growth market for suppliers because of our strong dollar and relative economic strength. Jim's market timing was right and he's really making it work.

A couple of suggestions for Wicks and ACS:
- stock NAS1097 rivets (aka "nutplate rivets")
- allow for custom trimmed metals to be ordered online.
- reduce turn-around time from order to delivery (my electronic components take less than 24 hours from Digi-key, for $8.00 shipping).

Cheers,
Vern

Back