What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone building RVs in Australia?

Alex Edwards

Hi there,

I am new to this forum. I am thinking of building an RV-7. Before I jump in I was wondering if there are any builders building nearby. I am in Sydney but could travel. If you wouldn't mind a visit I would be keen to stop by and have a look. Even better if you need some help....

Alex

Hi Alex and welcome,

I have about 8 in my area, rv6,7,8,9 and a 10. However im in Brisbane and cant help with the Sydney area. If you dont get any replys, send me a PM and I will get some contacts for you.

Alex,

Best place to start would be to find your local SAAA (Sport Aircraft Association of Australia) chapter via the association website - http://www.saaa.com/ Give the local contact a call and guaranteed you'll find someone building an RV not that far away. Another option is to check the RV White Pages on this site for a local builder and give 'em a call (that's how I started!)

If you're totally new to the homebuilt world, I'd highly recommend the building course run by Sam Richards in Temora. If you need contact details, PM me (he's registered on these forums as well).

All the best,

Alexis (Perth)

We've shipped several flying RVs down to Australia in the past year, so I kinow they're pretty popular down there right now. Check with Vans and see who they've shipped kits to.

RV 4 in Perth

I am building a 4 in WA. At the firewall forward stage now. Project has been on the back burner for a while.

I know of at least half a dozen RV's in various stages of construction here in the vicinity of Melbourne, including my RV-8. I'd be surprised if the situation wasn't the same in Sydney.

Also, worth hooking up with the RVs_in_Aus Yahoo group.

Andrew

Where in Sydney are you?

Sydney is a big area covered by several SAAA chapters. There is likely someone close to you buiding or flying an RV.

I am in the Sutherland Shire (visas are available :)), an RV-7 is also under construction closeby.

As Andrew pointed out most of the local chatter is on the Yahoo group.

Doug Gray
RV-6 Trimming baffles....

Many thanks for all the replies and helpful information. I have joined the SAAA and will make contact with the local chapter. The "White Pages" here is a very useful resource. And my preview plans arrived yesterday....

Hi Alex, I recently finished building a 7 in Randwick.
Its now hangared at Camden, and has about 100hrs on it.
Its currently being painted, but will be back in a week or two if you want to take a look.
Cheers. Richard

Back