What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anybody receive an E-mag / P-mag from the current batch?

Davepar

Well Known Member
I'm starting to get worried about my purchase of 2 P-mags. I ordered them 6 months ago, the check cleared a month ago, and still no sign of them. Has anybody received theirs out of the current batch? As long as I know they're still in business, I'll be happy. I just don't want to be out 2 grand.

emags

I talked to them about a week ago. They said they were about to ship this batch. I am on the bottom of the list for this batch, they said it should only take about 2 weeks.

E-Mag Not yet

I have been waiting 7 Months and seven day as of to day. I am begining to wonder if I have been scamed

Emag/Pmag

If you have concerns, call them. Brad is very responsive. I have the E/Pmag system on my ECI and they are performing great. The combination of the Whirlwind prop and E/Pmag make for a very smooth engine. There have been no functional issues at all.

Darwin N. Barrie
Chandler AZ
RV-7 N717EE
25 hours

I've got a pair on order from this batch, to be delivered to Aerosport for the engine they're bulding for me. Brad was really upfront about their horrible delivery schedule to date, but the good news is that this is the last batch that should take this long.

Now that the unit's design is finalized, they're going to be able to have them cast, rather than having to machine each one separately. Once they get online with the new production method, wait times should drop dramatically.

I still believe it will be worth the wait, since I've heard nothing but good things about the units that are in operation.

RV7Guy said:
If you have concerns, call them. Brad is very responsive...
True, they've been very responsive in email with about 6 different estimates of delivery time. I'm glad they're waiting to ship them until they have them right, but the delays are a killer. I've heard nothing but good things about the product, and that's why I ordered them. However, my advice to others is not to expect anything under a 6+ month lead time until they've proven their production issues are worked out.

I've got a pair on order from this batch, to be delivered to Aerosport for the engine they're bulding for me...
Yeah, they were supposed to ship mine to Mattituck, but my engine was built two months ago now. I had to have the engine test run with regular mags.

So it sounds like nobody has actually received theirs yet. :(

Dave

Whats the order policy

DO you put a deposit or pay in full to place order? May be the delay is because they are a victim of success and not something stinky. You got to wait for a table at a good restaurant, but got to admit 6-7 months is a bit long. G

Last edited:
Going out today?

I just talked to Brad at 12:34 p.m. today. He said " Yours is going out today along with 25 to 30 other orders". These are the first batch of the 1st batch.

Don't know who the 25 to 30 others are but just got the shipping info on mine. Good luck to you all.

Bill Whidden

444bw reserved. :) :D :confused: :confused:

He told me that mine are supposedly going today. They were up front about horrible delivery estimates in July when I ordered mine. I didn't realize it would take this long. Fortunately for me, I have not actually been held up because of it since I still have things to finish (not much though).

Scott
#90598 - Almost there
N598SD reserved

gmcjetpilot said:
DO you put a deposit or pay in full to place order? May be the delay is because they are a victim of success and not something stinky. You got to wait for a table at a good restaurant, but got to admit 6-7 months is a bit long. G

It was a $100 deposit and full payment before shipping. Pretty standard, or even better than average. I would have preferred paying with plastic vs. a check.

I think it's a case of too much success and wanting to get it just right, which is good. However, we all know it takes more than a good product for a company to succeed. I really do hope these guys make it work. They sound like they're trying their hardest.

That's good to hear that some are leaving the factory today. I'll keep checking the front porch. ;)

Ordered Last Friday with 60 day delivery

I placed an order last Friday and Brad assured me that the delivery time would be no more than 60 days.

TAS
RV-7
Engine ordered, finnish kit

Back