What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-9 Without A Lower Cowl Induction Scoop

skyyking

Has anyone out there fitted a Non Scooped Lower Cowl on a RV-9?, ie. as supplied with an I0-360 angle valve engine.

I have a huge wish to get rid of the unsightly scoop and have a nice clean looking lower cowl. Would a 0-320 with horizontal induction work?? Or would there be still an interference issue?

With much appreciation,

What type of FWF induction will you use? If it is the standard one that is used on the parallel valve 360's with Precision/ SilverHawk injection, I don't see why the cowl for a FWF sump on an RV-7 wouldn't work. I am not sur, but I would expect that the cowl from a RV-7 would fit on an RV-9. I guess that a question for Vans. From an engine standpoint using the standard fwf sump on a 360 or a 320 will land all of the components in the same place. So that portion of the equation is solved.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
"The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at you own risk."

Back